Cheryl Blossom x (fem) Reader

Two years. It had been two years since you realized you had a crush on the Blossom girl. You sighed as you walked down the hallways of Riverdale High. Okay, maybe you didn't just have a crush on Cheryl. Maybe you loved her. Despite your best friend Jughead begging you for months now to ask the ginger out, you always vehemently refused. Cheryl was the most popular girl in school and you were known as the loner, even more so than Jughead. Unlike Jughead, people knew nothing about you. You had moved to Riverdale in the fifth grade for reasons no one knew of and no one was aware of where you lived. So, yeah, the loner asking Cheryl Blossom out? Not going to happen.

You groaned internally.

Why did you have to love her? You only talked to her a couple times in class and that was only when she asked to borrow a pencil! Get it together, Y/N!

A couple wolf whistles made you look up and you froze when you saw Cheryl and Chuck at Cheryl's locker, passionately kissing.

"Get it, Chuck!" Reggie yelled.

You felt hot tears well up in your eyes as you quickly turned away from the... the couple in front of you, running off as fast as you could.

You didn't notice Cheryl looking after you.

As you ran, you quickly pulled out your phone, dialing Jughead's number.

"Hel—"

"Pop's. Now." you croaked before you hung up.

You needed to get out of there.

...

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Jughead said as he handed you a vanilla milkshake, sitting across from you. "I really am."

You shrugged as you took the milkshake, setting it in front you. You weren't really all that hungry.

"It's fine, I guess," you mumbled. "I mean, what'd I expect? She's Cheryl. He's Chuck. I'm just... Y/N."

Jughead sighed and shook his head.

"Y/N, you're not "just Y/N," he said. "You're the Y/N. My best friend. The funniest and smartest girl I know. If Cheryl doesn't see that, well, then screw her."

You smiled at your best friend's words.

"Thanks, Juggie," you said. "You're the best."

Jughead nodded.

"I really am." he agreed.

You rolled your eyes.

"Now you're pushing it."

The raven-haired teen shrugged.

"Well, it was good while it lasted," he said. "Oh, and, um, does this "situation" mean you want to skip the football game tonight? Since, you know, the Ice Queen is gonna be there?"

You kicked the teenager under the table.

"Don't call her that," you said as a smirk made its way onto your face. "But no. I can go to the game. Support Archie and all. It is the championship game after all."

Jughead shrugged again.

"Alright." he said before the two of you entered a comfortable silence, you drinking your milkshake and Jughead typing away on his novel.

...

"Can it be halftime already?" Jughead groaned as he leaned against the chain fence separating the two of you from the football field.

You rolled your eyes.

"We have fifteen seconds left in this quarter," you said. "Chill."

Jughead groaned but remained quiet otherwise.

As the football team began to formulate their final play of the quarter, you happened to glance over at the cheerleaders. Cheryl in particular. To your surprise, she was looking right at you. You quickly looked away, feeling your cheeks heating up.

Why was she looking at you?

"Hey, you okay?" Jughead asked.

"She's looking at me," you said quietly. "Cheryl's looking at me."

Jughead looked up at the ginger girl.

"What do you know?" he began. "She is."

"Why?" you hissed.

Before Jughead could answer, you heard the referee's whistle blow, signaling the end of the period. You weren't even aware that the last play had just taken place.

"And now," a voice boomed. "For our halftime show, the River Vi—wait, where's Cheryl going?"

"Incoming." Jughead announced.

Noticing the change in your best friend's tone, you looked up only to freeze once you saw Cheryl making her way over to you.

"Wh—"

Before you could finish your sentence, the ginger cupped your cheeks with her palms and crashed her lips against yours. You heard loud cheers erupt from the bleachers and the football field and when you finally pulled away from the head cheerleader, she was smirking at you.

"What? Something the matter?" she asked coyly.

"Wh-But I saw you with—"

"It was a dare, Y/N-kins. How could I like him when I love you?" she asked.

Your cheeks reddened at her words.

"I-I-" you squeaked.

"Y/N, don't say. Just do." Jughead said from behind you.

With that, Cheryl's lips claimed yours again and you just got utterly lost in her.

Maybe the head cheerleader did have a little thing for the loner after all.

Credit: mrs-jughead-jones.tumblr.com