Cedric Diggory x Reader

She sat down, taking in the smell of the room, the wet dirt from the plants and old worn parchment in front of her. She loved the smells and felt like she was really at home. She sat in the Hufflepuff basement reading about Herbology. It was her favorite subject, and she was very gifted. She didn't speak much and always kept her head down. She wasn't noticed much, she was in the same year as Harry Potter. "The Boy Who Lived," They labeled him everyone was focused on him, waiting for him to do something and live up to the legacy people had threaded around him. Herbology was really the only time she talked, which she seldom did. She preferred to keep to her plants and books. The only people she talked to were, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom. They were her best friends and her only ones at that. They were both in different houses which explains why she spent so much time alone in the common room. She didn't really have any friends in Hufflepuff. She was sure she could get some if she tried, they were all fairly kind. She was just so shy, and kept to herself. She walked into her favorite class, and greeted Professor Sprout, as you can guess, she was very early. She was eager to learn, although she knew more than most in her year.

"Good morning Y/N." She was greeted by her professor, she gave her a warm smile and sat down. In the front of the class, right where she liked it. "Good morning." She said quietly, she opened one of her books and read, she asked questions every so often to gain more understanding. "Cedric," She smiled as the door opened. He raised an eyebrow seeing as class didn't start for a while longer. He almost thought he was seeing things, most students didn't show up early. "This is Y/N one of my students. She sits here before class," The professor explained and Cedric nodded, he had seen her before. She always sat cross legged in the common room on the floor. Books sprawled out in front of her, she also sometimes tended to the plants. He thought it was absolutely adorable. "I was just dropping by, my parents asked me to deliver this letter." She looked up at him, before looking back down, she couldn't keep eye contact with him. A blush had spread on her cheeks, "Oh of course, how are they dear?" She was asking questions but he could hardly pay attention. He had to say, he had developed a bit of a crush on her, and seeing her just flustered him. He wasn't the only one flustered though, she was still fighting the blush that crept on her cheeks. She tried to keep reading but, she was just looking at the page in all reality.

Before long, it was time for Cedric to go, "You should get to class Mr. Diggory, wouldn't want to be late now." He looked back at her, a smile on his face, and left. He and Professor Sprout talked a great deal he couldn't get Y/N out of his head. The classroom was soon filled with second years and they started the lesson. When she stopped to ask questions she always answered them. No one besides Neville really answered them, when he didn't she did. Sometimes Hermione did, but most often it was Y/N. All the books she had read were being put to use. She often was asked to tutor students, much to her dismay. "Y/N, I know it's scary meeting new people, but they need your help. I know you like to help people." It wasn't very hard to persuade her, and she was very good at helping people. On the train, she sat with Luna and then Luna later introduced her to Neville. He had become a good friend of hers and they often helped each other study. There was only one problem to the class. Draco Malfoy. He always teased her, to put it lightly. "Bloody teacher's pet! Go fetch!" He sneered throwing her notebook, she just picked it up and ran off. She didn't know what else to do. She never told anyone, she just avoided him as best as she could. He always got her alone, and there was no one to defend her, she was too shy and kind to do it herself. Sometimes he would take her things and hold them over her head.

"Give it back please Draco." She said trying to reach up as he and his companions just laughed and held it higher, "Speak up you mutt!" She was muggle born, just like Hermione, and was often one of his targets. The pure-blood loved picking on her, he was an awful boy. He hated that she always knew all the answers and was the favorite student. "She thinks she's better because she's so smart." He mocked, now add in that she was muggle born, Draco loathed her. He often tried hexing her in class, which usually worked, or sent her notes with nasty insults on them. She didn't let Draco bother her, she kept ahead in class and studied. She was almost used to the teasing at this point. She had stayed a little long after class, and was making her way down the halls. Of course she ran into him. She had a plant in her hand, Professor had just given it to her. She was so excited, making her way to the Hufflepuff common room, then to her dormitory. Just as she was about to reach the basement, Draco showed up. Lucky for her the Slytherin Dungeon was right by the Hufflepuff Basement. She was so close, only Hufflepuff students could get in the basement, she froze. He stood right in front of her, looking for something to do. "Oh you boring little mud-blood. You and your stupid plants." He smirked, and his eyes went right to her plant, before she could beg for him not to do it, he knocked it over. The plant fell soil seeping out coating the floor. He began stepping all over it, and laughing. "Oh no! I'm so sorry!"