Draco Malfoy x Reader

Draco bit his lip. Clearly you were a Weasley, with the bright ginger hair and moth eaten hand me down cloak, yet he couldn't deny you were certainly attractive. More than attractive, if he were being honest. It was rather unfortunate, he felt, that such a wonder could be lost to such a dumb family.
He'd watched you from afar for years, but today felt different. Today he wanted to talk to you.

He licked his lips and strode towards you, determined to ooze his trademark charm to make you swoon.
Normally, he wouldn't go out with a Weasley, but you were a Slytherin, so he felt you would be much better than your ridiculous Gryffindor siblings.
"So, tell me," he questioned you, casually falling into step beside you, "How exactly did a Weasley like you get into Slytherin? You managed to break your family curse and join the high ranks. Tell me your secrets."
"Sod off."
"I was joking."
"And I wasn't: sod off. I'm not in the mood to deal with your crappy teasing today."
"Crappy? I'll have you know it's rather high quality. Besides, it's not teasing. It's banter. It's... flirting."
"It's annoying. A rose by any other name and all that..."
Okay. This conversation wasn't going where he'd planned...
"Do you need help carrying your books?" He changed the subject, nodding at how your arms had changed positions multiple times in an attempt to more easily carry the weight of the books.
"Yeah right," you scoffed, "Like you'd actually-"
The first two books came toppling to the ground. You let out a frustrated noise and blew the hair out of your eyes before squating to try to pick up the books. But before you could, Draco had already done just that. He took another book off of your pile as well and started walking.
You frowned and sped to keep pace, "Why did you do that?"
"Is it such a crime to help someone carry their books, for Merlin's sake?"
"For you it is."
He sighed, "Then maybe you don't know me."
"I'm pretty sure I know you well enough to know that helping someone isn't in your nature, Malfoy."
"Ouch. You must talk to your brother a lot."
"I don't need to talk to my brother to find that out. Everyone knows it."
"Then, how about I show you a different side of me. One that no one knows."
You stopped walking, "What?"
"Go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend."
"Are you... are you serious?"
"Completely. And if you find that I'm as much of an arse as you think, then you can tell everyone that I'm exactly like that. But if not... Well, then, I guess we'll see. Is it a deal?"
You furrowed your eyebrows, "You lost a bet, didn't you?"
"What? No!"
"Yes, you did. Someone dared you to do this."
"I'm not a Gryffindor, I don't do dares."
"Well, then it's some lame practical joke. And I don't think it's funny..."
"It's not a prank, I promise."
"Like I would trust you! You're probably going to curse me somehow, or have everyone jump out and laugh at me for believing it's real, or tell everyone that I'm-"
"I like you, okay?" He announced, frustrated, "I think you're really pretty and cool, which I find insane because I vowed a long time ago to hate all Weasleys but then you showed up and I don't know I just can't hate you. I thought I hated the Weasley's ginger hair but you actually look really cute with it when you have it down and curly, or when you're in the library and you put it up in a ponytail so it doesn't distract or bother you when you study, which you do pretty often. And then sometimes you forget to take it down afterwards, like now, and the ponytail bounces when you walk. And I don't know, somehow you pull off wearing oversized hand me downs from your brothers and make the bagginess look actually really adorable. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, and yet you still manage it. And then you-"
"Okay," you breathed, blinking from the sheer amount of the compliments he just gave you.
"Okay?" He paused, confused.
"Okay I'll go to Hogsmeade with you."
His face broke into a smile, "Really?"
"Yeah," you nodded, "Yeah, I will."

***

You giggled and playfully slapped Draco on the hand for his joke, "That's so dumb!"
He chuckled back, before taking another sip of his butterbeer.
"So how's this for a one month anniversary? Same place, same table. Same orders," he winked at you. You couldn't believe a whole month had passed since that first date.
"It's great," you beamed back at him, "You're the best boyfriend ever."
"Just wait," he grinned, pulling a small box from his pocket.
"What's that?" Your eyes widened.
"I got you a gift."
"Aww babe! But I didn't get you anything..."
He shook his head, "No, no, I don't need anything. I just wanted to get you something. I ran it by Ginny and Hermione before I bought it last week, though, to make sure you'd love it. I trust their judgement pretty well."
You blinked, "Wait, but... Draco, I hadn't told Ginny about us yet."
He furrowed his brow, "Really? That's weird. She didn't seemed very surprised when I walked up to her... And she didn't react oddly..."
"Weird. And she didn't come talk to me about it at all," you smiled, glad she was gracious enough to not confront or be angry with you for dating Draco.
"I'm sorry if I messed anything up between you..." he apologized.
"No, babe, don't worry about it. Everything's fine."
You leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"So what is this amazing gift that I'm going to love?"
He grinned and nudged the box toward you.
You bit your lip with excitement before undoing the thin green ribbon and opening the small, black box.
"Oh, Draco," you whispered, slowly lifting the small heart locket that had a silver snake curling around it.
"I charmed it so that the snake can move. He'll protect the inside so no one can open it unless you want them to."
"What's on the inside?" You replied, your eyes lighting up.
He smiled back, "Open it."
You carefully lifted the lid and saw a moving picture of you and Draco kissing and laughing.
"Oh my god, Draco," you replied, tears welling in your eyes, "It's so beautiful, oh my god. I love you so so much," you moved over to his seat and gave him a massive hug.
"I love you too, babe," he chuckled back, "I'm so glad you like it."
"I absolutely LOVE it!" You squealed back, excitedly fastening it around your neck.
"I was originally planning on getting it in gold, but silver is much more Slytherin."
You laughed, "As if the snake wasn't already Slytherin enough!"
"Hey," he defended, jokingly, "There's nothing wrong with a little house pride! Especially not when it's where I met my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend..."
You leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips, "Thank you."
"I don't deserve more than that?" He teased.
"Hmm..." you pretended to think about it.
He pulled you onto his lap as you yelped in laughter.
"Fine, fine," you giggled, before reaching over and kissing him harder. You threaded one hand into his platinum hair and slid the other one across the smooth fabric on his chest.
"Y/N?!"
You froze, your eyes widening with alarm, before slowly turning to see Ron.
"What on earth are you doing?! And with HIM?" Your brother spat, stepping forward to attack.
You reached out to stop him, "Ron, calm down, he's-"
"He's fucking with you, is what he's doing! Why on earth would you trust a Malfoy?!"
"Y/N has the right to make her own decisions," Draco growled, prepared to fight him back.
You stood up and jumped between them before any wands could be pulled.
Ron hissed, but stepped down, "That's it, Y/N! Family meeting NOW. If you don't believe me, then maybe everyone else can talk some sense into you..."

***

"I mean, are you bloody kidding me?! Malfoy, the most evil git on the planet?! You had to go and date him?!" Ron exclaimed.
"If he comes over to the house, that means we'll have easier access to pull pranks on him," Fred whispered to George.
"I already have the perfect one in mind..." George added, a grin spreading across his face.
"No!" You screeched, "No, you are not pranking my boyfriend!"
"Yuck, please never call him your 'boyfriend' ever again..."
"Oh, shut it, you idiots!" Ginny scoffed, "I know Draco can be an asshole..."
"You can say that again," Ron rolled his eyes before crossing his arms.
"Hey!" You protested.
"Draco can be mean," Ginny continued, "But at the end of the day, he makes Y/N happy, and that's what's most important. So we should all try to be happy for them, even if it might feel weird to us. And, I mean, you should see him talking about her. He's practically a whole different person..."
You looked at her, incredulously, "Really? So you support it?"
"Of course. And really, you should've seen him when he came asking me about that," she nodded to the silver locket around your neck, "It was really sweet how much he cared about getting you a perfect gift. He's a good guy."
Ron scoffed, "He's probably just pretending to be nice to trick you..."
"Ron, he's not pretending! We've been dating for a whole month for Merlin's sake!"
"A month?!" Fred and George said, simultaneously.
"Yeah. That's what this was for," you reached down and extended your locket so they could see it better, "One month anniversary gift."
You smiled as you opened it to show them the wonderful moving picture of the two of you.
Ron furrowed his brow and grimaced, "You really... like him that much?"
You chuckled, "Um, yeah."
"But he's... awful, Y/N."
"He has an awful reputation, yeah. But he's not actually like that. Besides, that reputation means he protects me. That group of Slytherins that's been bothering me in all of my classes stopped because Draco confronted them. He really does care about me."
Ron crossed his arms, "Fine, whatever. But the second he tries anything, I'll kill him."
You laughed and rolled your eyes, "Whatever you say."

***

"Come with me," Ginny instructed Ron, taking his hand and leading him away from where he'd been talking with some other Gryffindors.
"Merlin, what do you want, Ginny? I'm busy!"
"No you're not," she teased, dragging him down the corridor, "It's important."
Ron sighed but let her continue anyway.
Ginny motioned for him to be silent before peering around a corner. Her face broke into a grin, an she quietly waved Ron over.
He frowned, but shuffled to her nonetheless and followed her gaze around the corner.
"... an apology for messing up things with your family," Draco was saying to you in a completely empty corridor.
Your eyes lit up as he pulled a bouquet of red roses from behind his back.
"First the necklace, now this?" You gasped.
He shrugged, "Guess it's just the giving season."
"It's March," you laughed.
He bit back a smile, "I don't know. I just like giving stuff to you. I like the way your eyes sparkle with excitement. It's beautiful."
You blushed before pulling him into a small kiss, "You're the sweetest boyfriend in the whole world."
He smiled back before handing you the flowers.
"What happened to house pride?" You giggled, jokingly nodding at color of the petals.
"Red's more romantic," he winked.
You chuckled before taking a big whiff of the flowers, "Mmm. You know, this is rather close to what I think amortientia would smell like. Fresh roses and your cologne."
Draco didn't reply, he just looked at you with an admiring wonder at what he did to deserve you. He'd never know, surely. You were by far the most beautiful thing about his life, and every day he couldn't believe he was actually dating you.
Ginny smiled and looked over at Ron before whispering, "He looks at her the same way you look at Hermione."
Ron bit the inside of his cheek for a moment before nodding and whispering, "Yeah."

Credit: em-imagines.tumblr.com