Stefan Salvatore x Reader

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked with a soft smile as he walked closer to you with his hands tucked inside the pockets of his jacket.

"Yeah! Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" You shrugged. Your gaze didn't meet his, you were looking at your boots as you played with the dirt on the ground.

"(Y/N)...look at me. Please." Stefan sighed. He was now towering over you trying to get you to look up.

You sighed loudly before lifting your head. You brushed your (Y/H/C) hair away from your (Y/E/C) eyes with a shake of your head and then locked eyes with Stefan.

"There, I'm looking at you...and I'm okay..." Your voice cracked at the end and you grimaced at how obvious it was.

Stefan instantly worried and pulled you into his arms. He held you tight and softly rocked you. He rested his chin on the top of your head. "Did I do something?" He whispered deadring the thought of being the one who hurt you.

You groaned and pushed away from him. Stefan looked confused but didn't try to pull you back in. "It's not you-it...it's just the...the soulmate thing." You finished lamely and looked away.

"What soulmate thing?" Stefan asked taking a step closer to you.

"Elena!" You shouted throwing your arms in the air. You wanted to scream when you notice from the look on his face that he still didn't understand what you meant.

"All I keep hearing is how you guys are meant to be and how you're soulmates and how this is just a bump in your epic love story. I'm the bump!" You rattled on while you walked from wall to wall, pacing.

"You're not a bump, (Y/N)." Stefan tried but you didn't calm down.

"I don't want to be this girl, Stefan. I've lived for centuries! I-i thought I left my insecurities behind...i mean, I haven't felt this unsure about a guy since I was human! I just...i don't even know." You let her body sag as all the energy left you.

"(Y/N)." He called softly waiting for you to look towards him. When you did he had to bite his cheek to stop the smile from curling on his lips. You looked so cute. Like a little Sad Sam puppy. "I love you." He said strongly and he heard your breathing stop.

"Y-y-you what?" Your voice was so low he wouldn't have heard her if he wasn't supernatural.

"I love you. I am so in love with you." Stefan said even louder as he walked towards you with a huge smile on his face.

"You do?" You asked your eyes welling up with tears as you swallowed thickly from all the emotions inside you.

"Yes. And yes, I loved Elena once but that was before and you are my present and my future. I am so in love with you. You are not a bump." He took your face delicately between his hands and studied your (Y/E/C) eyes trying to gauge your reaction.

Finally after a few seconds of silence that tormented Stefan, tears fell down your cheeks and you laughed out loud a happy,  joyful laugh. You threw herself at him, wrapping your arms around his neck and kissing him deeply. "I love you too, Stefan. So so much." You told him happily.

Stefan grinned and walked you backwards till your back was against the wall and just projected all of his emotions into the kiss he gave you.

Credit: miss-authorcita.tumblr.com