Klaus Mikaelson x Reader

Damon and Stefan Salvatore often liked to believe that they had a clear understanding of Y/N Y/L/N. They'd known her for the majority of her life, taking care of her as if she were the younger sister they'd never had. They knew her habits, what she liked, what she disliked. And the one thing that they were highly certain on was that they could trust her with their lives, that she'd never even dream of keeping a secret from them.

Like, right now. They knew exactly where she was. She was with Caroline, discussing things such as school dances, and graduation. Certainly, not with Original hybrid Klaus Mikaelson.

Well, why would she be with a psycho maniac like him?

Y/N gripped onto Klaus' hair as he kissed her, her fingers tugging on the boyish blonde curls that were so different from the rest of his aggressive alpha male persona. The contrast was a quality she loved, believing that it showed the man behind the monster, the man she had grown quite fond of since he had arrived in Mystic Falls.

She could imagine the looks on the Salvatore brothers' faces if they saw her now, her t-shirt riding up her back as Klaus' hands wandered over her skin. Damon would most definitely overreact and attack Klaus (after which she was pretty sure he would end up dead) and Stefan would be stunned into stony silence before trying to wrestle his older brother off his former best friend.

Needless to say, it would be a disaster. Which was exactly the reason she was keeping her relationship with Klaus a secret from them. She hated doing so, but it was necessity that was for their own good.

"You alright, love?" Klaus tilted her chin up towards him, his eyes clouded with worry.

"I'm fine. I promise," she kissed him again, losing herself.

Y/N had agreed with the brothers that Stefan would pick her up from Caroline's house at six; the exact reason he was now standing on her doorstep. He didn't know that Caroline was in on the whole thing, Y/N having called her earlier on in the day asking her to act as cover. Obviously, she hadn't realised the time and Caroline didn't quite know what to do when she hadn't arrived at half five.

"Where is she, Caroline?", Stefan was stern in his approach, his mind swimming with worry at the thought of what could have happened to Y/N. It almost drowned when Caroline caved in to the vampire's tone, revealing her best friend's secret to the Salvatore brother who was quick to hop in his car, driving to the Mikaelson mansion with haste.

He didn't dare call Damon. Not until everything was sorted. He didn't need a fight on his hands.

Klaus stared at Y/N in awe, not quite believing that someone as quiet and as gentle as her had fallen for him. Her head was on his lap, and he stroked his fingers through the tangles in her hair as she slept. He studied the way her chest rose and fell, how her eyelids fluttered with each breath she took. He smiled when she awoke, a small groan escaping her lips as she adjusted to the light in the room.

"Good morning, love."

"Shut up," she laughed as she leaned up to kiss him, her eyes widening as she saw the time on the clock on the wall. Six thirty. Crap.

"I've got to go. Stefan, Damon. They're gonna kill me."

Klaus watched as she gathered up her things, his heart sinking at the thought her leaving him so suddenly. It was times like these he hated being the dirty little secret, the forbidden love. He followed her to the door, kissing her lightly before she opened it.

"Stefan. Oh my God."

When he'd arrived at the Mikaelson house, Stefan wasn't entirely sure how he was going to deal with confronting Y/N about her relationship with Klaus. So when he saw the hybrid's hand on her waist as he went to usher her out of the door, her messy hair and flushed cheeks suggesting only one thing, he wasn't surprised to find anger flooding his veins.

But he wasn't his brother, and knew better than to start yelling at a thousand year old Original for sleeping with his sister who wasn't even related to him.

Instead, he was calm as she tried to hurriedly explain, his stony gaze never leaving Klaus, who only smirked in response. When she had finished, almost breathless, he spoke, trying to act as the mediator in the situation.

"I'm not going to say I'm not angry, because believe me, Y/N, I'm fuming. More with the fact that you kept this a secret from us than anything. But, as you said, if Klaus makes you happy, then that's fine by me. He should know, however, that if he hurts you, Damon and I are going to make his life very difficult," he heard Klaus chuckle at that and rolled his eyes, "Now, please, just get in the car. We need to have a family meeting with Damon I think."

Y/N nodded, and kissed Klaus on the cheek before following Stefan to the car.

"I'll see you later, okay?"

"Of course, love."

She strapped herself in before turning to the youngest of the Salvatores.

"Damon's going to kill me, isn't he?"

"Yep."

"Fancy acting as my vampire shield?"

Stefan turned and smiled at her, noting the true sincerity in her eyes.

"Maybe."

Credit: nmikaelsonimagines.tumblr.com