Steve Harrington x Reader

Sneaking into a Russian lab was not on your list of summer plans, but this is Hawkins, Indiana - nothing ever goes as planned, especially relationships.

I groaned in pain as the Russian left another blow to my stomach. My head slumped backward, my body growing num and limp from the continuous abuse.

"I am going to ask you one more time," the man sneered, his voice heavily accented. "Who do you work for?" I laughed helplessly.

"I'm sorry, did I stutter?" I snapped, regaining the energy to lift my head a meet eyes with the soldier. "I work at a god damn ice cream parlor!" The Russian scoffed, uppercutting my jaw one last time before mumbling something in their language to the soldier who was standing by the door. They both left, and as the door was open, I heard the shouts of my co-workers, Robin and Steve. After the three of us had held the door shut long enough to allow Erica Sinclair and Dustin Henderson to escape safely, we surrendered to the Russians. Robin and Steve were tired together and placed in one isolated room. I was left alone in another room.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Steve's voice boomed from the hallway. "WHERE'S Y|N? I SWEAR TO GOD YOU COMMIE BASTARDS IF YOU HURT HER - " his voice was cut off because the door had slammed shut. I groaned, my head hanging back again. My mouth had the taste of old pennies, from the blood leaking out of my cut lip. My jaw was bruised, and my ears were ringing. It had been one hell of a night.

The waiting for the Russian soldiers to return was agonizing. I fell in and out of consciousness as my eyes fluttered open and closed, and the room continued to spin. It was just before I went entirely unconscious when the door burst open and Dustin Henderson came running in, screaming at the top of his lungs. Robin and Steve were by his side, and they quickly rushed to untie me. Alarms were going off in the hallways, but they were empty. The only person there was Erica, holding what looked to be like a weapon. Great, how the hell am I going to explain this to Lucas?

"Y|N? Hey, focus on me," Steve said, holding my head up straight. "Are you awake? Can you hear me?"

"What the..." I mumbled, looking around. Robin was untying my legs while Dustin was still screaming.

"LET'S GO! WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!"

"Can it, Henderson!" Steve yelled back, looking over his shoulder. He turned back towards me, his expression softening. "C'mon, babe, don't tap out on me now."

"Did you just call me 'babe'?" I mumbled, my words coming out slowly.

"Y-Yeah, I did, can you hear me okay?" he asked, visibly embarrassed.

I giggled. "I heard you call me 'babe.'"

"Uh oh, Harrington," Robin smirked from behind the chair I was in, untying my hands. "This might be your time to shine." I looked between her and Steve, confused. Steve huffed, mumbling a 'dammit, Robin.' "Fess up, dingus," Robin added.

"Steve?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, Okay!" Steve huffed. "Okay, dammit, I like you Y|N."

"Well, I would hope so. We work together," I stated. Steve rolled his eyes.

"No, not like that. Wait, I mean, yes, obviously like that, but what I mean is," he stopped himself short, running a hand through his hair.

"Jesus Christ! He wants to go on a date with you! He thinks you're pretty! Whatever! Now is not the time for this, we need to leave!" Dustin exclaimed from the doorway. I diverted my eyes from Dustin, back to Steve, who was pinching the bridge of his nose.

"This is not at all how I wanted this to go," Steve mumbled.

"So, do you have any input on this?" I asked, focusing on him. Steve huffed again, looked between Robin and me, then pressed his lips to mine, his hands cupping my cheeks. I felt Robin finally break my wrists loose, and I quickly reached forward to wrap my arms around Steve's neck. We pulled back, eyes meeting.

"What do you say we go on a date once we get the hell out of here?" he asked, flashing me his signature smirk.

"If we ever get out of here," I laughed weakly. He smiled and pressed a quick peck to my lips.

"Don't worry. I'm getting you out of here alive." I smiled back, leaning into his hand.

"Jesus, are you two done yet? We have a world to save!" Erica snapped from the hallway. Steve and I laughed as he grabbed my hands and pulled me up, following closely behind the other three.

Credit: artsydenbrough.tumblr.com