Jean Gray x Reader

You first discovered you had powers at the age of 7 when a bully stomped their feet towards you with a menacing 4 glowing on the top of their head. You had started shouting "four" and soon teachers and students surrounded you, rushing both of you to the principal's office.

Since then, the kid got his nickname as 'four' and you learned that those numbers above people's head were a measurement about how potentially dangerous they could be. Kids were about 1 or 2, but bullies held a higher scale around 3-4. Adults were around 4 or 5, while those who carried a weapon were around 5-6.

You believed your powers not to be that special until a man arrived at your home. His name was Charles Xavier, he said that he was a mutant as yourself. He was a telepath and he promised that you would be very useful, as you could spot dangerous people and prevent violent breakouts.

Your parents were excited, knowing you were destined for greatness and you did the same. As the years passed and you were travelling around with Charles you learned to appreciate and be proud for your powers.

You had learnt that your scale was numbered from 1 to 10. Now, after a long time you were back in New York. You had an ice cream cone in one hand and you were walking down the road as you returned to the mansion. That's when you had spotted her.

A young redhead girl, around your age. She was passing the street, her hands full of books and a big 11 flashing above her head. You dropped your ice cream as you looked at her with a pair of wide eyes and a dropped jaw.

You started following her as if you were magnetized by her. She seemed so peaceful and calm, but her number was the exact opposite. She intrigued you.

You hadn't realized when she had arrived at her home and you soon found yourself in an unknown neighborhood. You looked at her mailbox, "Grey". "Interesting surname for sure." You said to yourself.

"Who are you?" a voice snapped you out of your snooping around. The girl you had just followed home, much like a stray kitten, was standing in front of you. Her hands on her waist and a quizzical look on her face.

"I am (Y/N)." you replied. "Why did you follow me home?" her tone more threatening now. "I-I can explain." You stammered as you eyed at the flashing eleven above her head and hoped you could manage to calm her down.

"I am a mutant. I am like a danger measure. I see numbers above people's head that tell me how dangerous they could be." You replied.

"Oh, you are a mutant, too?" her eyes grew wider. "Yes. What's your powers?" you asked.

"You still didn't explain why you followed me home." She demanded. "Yeah, right. It's because your number." You said quietly.

"What is it?" the girl asked. "Eleven." You replied. "Out of?"

"Ten." You dropped your gaze to the ground. "Oh." She only said and took a few steps back.

"I have to go." She said and starting walking to her home. "No, wait." You caught her hand.

She turned around perplexed. How could you not be afraid of her? She was an eleven, you just said it by yourself.

"I can help you." You explained. "No, no one can. I am a threat. Please, let me go back to my house." She pleaded you.

"I am going to a school for gifted Children. Professor X, who is the headmaster, is a mutant, too. He has telepathy. Everyone there is a mutant. They helped me, they can help you, too." You promised.

She sighed and broke your hold rushing back to her house. You sighed too and you were ready to leave, but just then the girl opened her door again. She had a purse with her and her keys.

A smile formed on your lips. "Ok, one chance. Let's go." She announced. Your smile grew wider as you motioned her to follow you.

"I am Jean, by the way. Jean Grey." She smiled back at you.

Credit: jellantria.tumblr.com