Peter Parker x Reader

Knock, knock.

You gasped and looked over to see Spiderman at your window.

"Creep, much?" You laughed unlatching the window and pushing it open, breathing in the cool night air, "And you know, if you wanted to see me, I have a perfectly functioning front door that you could've used..."

"Front doors are boring," he shooed.

"Front doors aren't three stories high and accessed by a fire escape. If anything besides that is considered boring then I don't know how I could possibly be any more interesting."

"Aw, come on. You're way more interesting."

You smiled, pressing on, "So, what do you want, Spiderspawn?"

"'Spiderspawn?' Damn, what have I done this time?"

"Nothing, I just don't know what else to call you," you replied, sitting on the edge of your window, "You still refuse to tell me your name."

"Well, calling me Spiderman would work just fine..."

"I feel like 'Spiderman' is only used for all those damsels in distress as they swoon into your arms after you've saved them," you put the back of your hand against your forehead and leaned sideways dramatically.

He snorted, "Not a single girl has ever done that."

"Good, and I won't be the first," you chuckled.

He laughed along with you for a moment before his eyes caught a glimpse of your t-shirt.

You frowned, following his line of vision and looking down. You stretched out the fabric so you could see the 'Han Shot First' lettering better.

"Oh, yeah," you looked back up at him "you a Star Wars fan I'm guessing?" You asked him, curiously.

"Yeah, you could say that," he said, a little distantly. You weren't sure why he had the weird tone, but you ignored it. He got like that sometimes. There were always times when Spiderman would get quiet or reserved and you had no clue as to what was going on in his head. But you'd gotten used to it by now.

"Well, honestly, I don't even fully know what this shirt means," you laughed, "It's actually not mine."

"Really?" He asked, though the response was a little hollow.

"Yeah, it belongs to my..." crush "friend. He left it at my house last week."

"So... you just... wear all your friends shirts normally??"

"Not really, no... his shirts are just... super comfortable, I guess."

Spiderman cocked his head in confusion. Yeah, you'd have to agree that wasn't your best lie. But you also knew if you came right out and told him you had a crush on someone, Spiderman would tease you til the end of the century.

You sighed, "I don't know, I just find them comforting," you smiled to yourself, "I like falling asleep to the smell of his cologne. It's just... nice."

Spiderman didn't really say anything in response- which was surprising, you'd assumed he would immediately jump down your throat with the "ooooooh does Y/N have a crush?!?" and the "what's his name? tellmetellmetellme" like most of your other friends would've.

"Huh," he said instead, "That's... cool."

You arched an eyebrow, "You don't think it's weird?"

"Nope, nope, not at all, whatsoever," he replied quickly, "I think that's a perfectly acceptable thing to do and that you should definitely continue doing it," he assured you.