Kol Mikaelson x Reader

You just came home from a long day of shopping with your best friend Freya, you both only planned to go out for a couple of hours but instead you ended up walking around the streets of New Orleans all day. You place your shopping bags down at the door and kick off your shoes, freeing your achy feet. Slouching down on the sofa you sigh in relief, you hadn't sat down all day so this felt like heaven.

"I think we need a drink don't you?" Freya smirked as she held up a bottle of wine. You laugh and nod your head, pleased with the idea of getting a little tipsy tonight. Freya places 2 glasses on the coffee table and pours the red liquid into them, before sitting on the sofa next to you.

"So did you manage to get everything you needed?" Freya asks as she takes a sip of her wine.

"I think so? Surely i couldn't have forgotten anything we went in pretty much every store in New Orleans" You both look at each other and laugh. You and Freya had a habit of going on random shopping sprees, and spending WAY too much money! You both found it amusing when the boys would come in and moan about how long you took and how much you spent, that's why you'd tend to have a drink when you came in so you didn't have to care about what they said. As you and Freya spoke about everything that happened in the day, Kol walked through the front door. You stopped and stared at him, smiling as you watched him huff at the amount of shopping bags left on the floor. He turned round to look at you and Freya, a little annoyed but he soon cheered up once he saw your face.

"Looks like you two have had a good day" He points down at the shopping bags. You gulp down some wine, hoping he wouldn't talk to you directly. You really like Kol, and every time he entered the room you were unable to get a word out. You were scared you'd mess up  and blurt out how you felt about him, and it would be a horrible embarrassing mess! He walks over to the arm chair next to you and leans on the arm, looking at you with a smirk on his face.

"Y/N, looking stunning as always" You notice him blush as you respond with a simple smile. He'd always compliment your appearance which made you feel amazing considering you didn't feel completely happy with yourself looks wise. He'd make you feel like a princess in those moments. But he was a flirty guy, he calls loads of women stunning. So it didn't mean anything, did it?

"Well if you'd excuse me ladies i have things to do, i'll be up in my room if you need me" He gets up and walks up the stairs. You couldn't take your eyes off of him, he was such a beautiful man. The things you would think about when he was around, the things you wanted to do.

"Y/N? Y/N?...Y/N!" Freya clicks her fingers in your face making you snap out of your trance. You shake your head and turn to her, you watch as her eyebrows raise and a smirk forms on her lips.

"It's so obvious that you like him, why don't you just tell him?" You cough nervously and down the rest of your wine.

"I-i don't know what you mean-" You try to hide your affections towards Kol but Freya can see right through your act.

"You are a bad liar Y/N, tell him!" You sigh and run your hand through your hair.

"I can't tell him Freya. He doesn't like me back. Why would he?" Freya squints at you in annoyance as you start to bring yourself down.

"It's obvious that he likes you! He calls you stunning every day, he gets shy around you and i have never my brother blush so much in my whole entire lifetime, and i have been alive for a very long time!" She nudges you, making you giggle. But it doesn't take long for you to get down again, you look down at your lap and sigh.

"He calls every girl stunning. He is a flirt, it's in his blood. I'm just one of those girls to him" Freya huffs and grabs your hand, pulling you up from the sofa.