Steve Harrington x Reader

"I'll see you tomorrow, my favourite costumer" Steve winked as you walked away from the ice cream shop with the cone he had just served you. You smiled at him with red cheeks, though it was unclear if the tint was on account of the heat or if it were a blush, before you disappeared amongst the crowd in the mall. After adjusting the way his work hat sat on his head, Steve spun around and quickly made eye contact with Robin. The girl had her "you suck, you rule" chart with her and without saying a word, she marked down another tick on the side that was labelled "you suck". Clearly offended, Steve through his hands in the air defensively. "Oh come on! I didn't even get rejected by anyone that time!".

In response to his pathetic whining, Robin rolled her eyes. "You're right dingus, you didn't get embarrassingly turned down that time. No, you suck because you're an idiot". Honestly Steve had no idea what she was going on about. He checked his uniform to make sure he wasn't wearing anything inside out and everything seemed to be in order. After going down the list of things Robin could possibly be referring to, Steve cake up empty. In the end he became convinced that she was just messing with him. Seeing that he was still in the dark, Robin groaned before pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. "Wow, you really have no clue what's happening do you?".

"No offence Robin but you please stop with these mind games. Hurry up and tell me what the hell you're talking about or drop it" Steve replied, crossing his arms in annoyance. Preparing her explanation, Robin put away her graph.

"Fine, you want to know why you're a complete dumbass? It's because you don't see that 'your favourite costumer' obviously has a crush on you" Robin pointed out confidently, as a smirk stretched out across her face.

A moment of silence fell over the two coworkers before Steve burst out laughing. This reaction made Robin's smug expression vanish almost immediately. The emotion that took over her face afterward couldn't be described as anything less then anger. "Sorry, sorry" Steve apologized, slapping his knee as he wiped tears of laughter out of his eyes. "That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! I know you like to think that you're always right but this time around, I'm sorry to say you're wrong" Steve snickered, teasing poking Robin's nose before proceeding to turn away from her. Another few seconds of pure quiet passed, then all of a sudden Steve spun back around. "Out of curiosity, what made you think [Y/N] has a crush on me?" Steve asked, his eyes giving away his unsurity.

A scoff left Robin's lips. "Hmm let me think" the girl started, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "Well they come here everyday, they always make sure that you're serving them, and oh yeah! [Y/N]'S LACTOSE INTOLERANT DINGUS! They don't even eat ice cream. I watch them toss it out as soon as they buy it. The only reason [Y/N] comes here all the time is because they want to see you!". In that moment, Steve wanted to instantly face palm himself for not realizing this earlier but he didn't want to give Robin the satisfaction, so he decided he'd do that later when he was alone.

Instead he countered her story with a question. "So... do you think I should ask [Y/N] out or...?" He inquired, rubbing the back of his neck. Hearing this caused Robin to groan and rub her temple, as if trying to stop herself from hitting Steve upside the head.

"NO SHIT!".

Credit: lotsoffandomimagines.tumblr.com