Shawn Mendes x Reader

"Shawn!" You called from the bathroom.

He came rushing in, he'd been on edge ever since you'd told him you were pregnant. It hadn't taken you long to get pregnant, sooner than either of you had expected. Shawn had only been on hiatus for six weeks when you found out. All he ever talked about was the baby nowadays; he had all the pregnancy apps, all the books to read, and all the pamphlets from the doctor's office. Your baby was now the size of a peach, as Shawn had reminded you this morning, and you'd just hit fourteen weeks pregnant. Your families and close friends knew weeks ago, but Shawn was yet to announced the pregnancy publicly.

"What?" He sounded panicked.

"Look," you said, lifting your shirt up and running your hand gently across the small bump that had started to develop. Shawn sighed with relief, a smile creeping onto his face as he knelt on the bathroom tiles, his hand resting where your's just was on your stomach.

"Holy shit you're showing," he whispered. "When did this happen?" You shrugged as he dotted gentle kisses all over the bare skin of your abdomen.

"I just noticed it now," you told him. "It feels so real now I'm showing." Shawn stood up from the bathroom floor, nodding in agreement. He wrapped his arms around you tightly from behind, looking at your reflection in the bathroom mirror.

"That's our baby in there," he whispered, pressing a kiss to your temple, his hand still caressing your belly. "Hey, let me get a photo to send to my mom." Shawn got out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans and took a few snaps as you posed for him, your arms cradling your barely-there bump. "God, I love you so much," he said, sliding his phone back into his jeans after texting his parents. "Both of you." You smiled before kissing him softly.

After that morning, Shawn's hand rarely left your stomach. He was so protective of you and the baby you were growing inside of you. He was fascinated by the bump that grew over the coming weeks. He'd send weekly updates to his mom and his friends about how big you were getting.

"I didn't think it was possible to love you anymore, y'know?" He said one evening as you lay on the couch together. Your back lay against his chest, a blanket thrown over the two of you as a movie played out on the television that neither of you were really watching. His hands were resting on your belly that had grown so big already you wondered how you still had three months left of your pregnancy. "And then I got you pregnant," he chuckled. "It's like there's this whole new level of love inside me I didn't know I had. I love you. And I love our baby. I can't wait to meet him, but I love you being pregnant so much, I kinda never want this to end either."

"You talk some shit sometimes, babe," you laughed softly, snuggling deeper into his body. "And why are you so sure it's a boy?" The two of you had decided not to find out what you were having as you wanted a surprise in the delivery room.

Shawn shrugged. "I can just tell," he said. "You're so hot with this belly. Is it weird I find it so hot? It just makes me so happy, y'know? You're growing my baby inside of you, and you're so fucking beautiful while doing it. Makes me want to get you pregnant all the time. I want like forty kids," he joked.

"Let's just have this one first," you laughed with him. "I think it's a boy too."

"Oh yeah?" Shawn kissed your neck softly. You nodded.

"Just got this feeling," you told him. The two of you fell into a comfortable silence, interrupted only as the credits rolled on the television screen by the baby kicking.

"I'm never going to get over this," Shawn smiled, his hand touching the spot on your stomach his child was kicking. You winced as the kicks became stronger. "Oh shit, he's really going in on you," Shawn chuckled. "You alright?"

You nodded. "Yeah, Jesus, he is ruthless tonight. Can you have words with your son please?" Shawn had taken to talking to your bump at night, and the two of you had discovered that his voice usually soothed your baby and stopped him from kicking. You'd caught Shawn one night in bed as he thought you were asleep next to him, he'd scooted halfway down the bed so his head was next to your swollen belly and was gushing about you to your baby. It was sweet, and Shawn was embarrassed that you'd heard him being so sickly sweet about you. Since then, Shawn told stories to your baby daily, everything about how you two met or how his day had been, sometimes he'd sing, but that usually had the baby moving around and kicking even more.

Shawn pushed you off him gently and you sat up on the sofa so he could lay on his front, his legs hanging over the armrest of the couch as his head lay near your stomach. "Hey baby," he said softly as another kick was sent your way. "You gotta stop kicking your momma so hard. I know you're only the size of an eggplant right now but you're so strong already." Seeing Shawn so happy talking to your bump made you smile. He was going to be the most amazing father. "Be nice to her okay?" he continued. "She's working so hard growing you inside of her, you gotta treat her good okay? Maybe hold off on the kicking tonight, baby." As if by magic, Shawn's words seemed to work and the kicking stopped.

"You're a fucking miracle worker," you sighed happily. "Can we go to bed now?" Shawn nodded and helped you up from the sofa, kissing your forehead.

Credit: bby-calum.tumblr.com