Chapter 9: Exploring and Beyond

The continent of Fordalt, roughly the size as all of Earth's continents combined. It was home to more than five billion Humans, beastmens, and other types of Demi-humans. Magic was present in forms of energy within life itself, Humans and beastmens had the most concentration of magic, the highest of them would be able to harness this power, they were called mages. Kingdoms, Empires, and theocracies ruled the lands with an iron fist, wars between races were also common. The continent itself has seen its fair share of war and suffering throughout its history and only a few hundred years ago did peace finally happen.

Three superpowers in the continent joined forces and coerced all the other states into joining the Council of Royals, an organization of states who wished or are forced to make peace or discussee with the rest of the continent.

Not even all of the states in the continent if they all join hands and could take on the might of the three Empires at once; they were forced to comply.

This move by the three superpowers came after what was known as the Second Great War. A war that killed billions of the people on the continent and prompted the creation of the Forgotten Era. The Forgotten Era was a period in history roughly thousand years in a span that lead up to the Second Great War, the war destroyed countless nations and powerhouses, all known knowledge made by famous scholars before the war and the war itself. Dozens of Kingdoms and the Theocracy were the only survivors of the war. Some argued the war never happened. How could they know for certain if all research concerning The Forgotten Era was outlawed?

Whatever the Second Great War was, it caused a decline of magic throughout the continent. Mages who were once abundant among all of the races dwindled to the point of rarity. The average magic energy of a healthy person have decreased abit.

But, there was only one thing the people were certain about. After the war, the last remaining millions of refugees would found their own states, beginning the Era of Rebuilding. Influential Families would rise and seize control, most were benevolent, while some dreamed of domination and supremacy. Thanks to the founding of the Council Of Royals, all hostilities mostly ceased except for limited wars between states.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=Unknown Lands, 61km West from the Team 6's commune=

As of now, their elytra wings upon their back and their firework rockets in hand, Vanoss and Wildcat flew unknowingly to the land of the unknown.

They had been flying for around an hour, given the speed that they were going in, and already they were a little bit bored.

As for their first accident, well, of course was just an hour ago by the time they were about to get out of their commune.

The reason...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

At the time when the team were about to flew out of their home and onto the unknown lands, all of the sudden all of their heads started to ring and gave out a massive headache, they all screamed in pain like never felt pain before, at the same time they also hear a female AI voice that seems to be a warning.

[Warning: Leaving the safe zone will automatically activate Hardcore mode, I repeat, leaving the safe zone will automatically activate Hardcore mode. There will be no respawn once you die outside of the safe zone, so be careful out there. Safe travels, idiots]