Chapter 41: Our Trump Card

The fall of the doors could be seen from the entire city. Commoners and practitioners witnessed how the city's doors were breached and heard the joyful roars of the monster.

Everybody understood what had happened.

The defenders had failed.

Moo, one of members of the Dupe group were not the exception. As soon as he saw the doors fall, he knew that hundreds of monsters were about to invade the city and massacre the commoners.

His first reaction was to hurry towards the doors. He wanted to kill as many monsters as possible such that more people could survive this disaster.

But when he was about to hurry towards the city lord, someone called out at his friend Marcel.

???: Basically!

Basically turn around and was surprised. The two looked back and saw Karen rushing towards them followed by two guards.

Basically: Miss Karen, what are you doing here?

Marcel asked suspiciously.

Karen stood before him and panted briefly before speaking.

Karen: B-Basically, it's your friend Delirious. H-He is in danger!

Moo: Delirious? Are you sure?

Karen: Y-Yes! H-He was kidnapped by the black-dressed men!

Marcel's frown became deeper. He closed his eyes for an instant before opening them. Then, he stared straight into Karen's eyes deeply.

Basically: Are you sure Delirious is in danger?

Karen: Y-Yes!

Karen replied after stuttering slightly.

Moo: How do you know?

Brock then question her aswell.

Karen was stumped. However, she did not take long to answer.

Karen: O-One of dad's men was nearby when it happened! H-He had seen Delirious before in the mansion, so he told me about it! I-I hurried here as soon as I learned about the situation!

He wrinkled his brows. He looked at Marcel again as though finally answering his opinion and he nod.

Thus, the two turned to Karen.

Basically: Take us there.

Karen's expression turned complicated for an instant before she nodded.

However, that did not escape Marcel's sight.

Basically: Even you, huh.

Marcel muttered softly.

Karen was startled.

Karen: Huh? Did you say something?

Moo: Yes, his talking about Delirious was okay.

Karen tilted her head. For some reason, she felt as though something bad was about to happen.