Chapter 100: A New Journey

Darkness.

For an unknown period of time, only darkness enveloped Evan's vision. He couldn't hear, feel, taste, or anything.

Like a pebble drifting in the endless void, his existence felt insignificant.

Thankfully, this seemingly endless darkness did not go on forever as it slowly started receding. All his senses soon returned to him, as his mind cleared up.

Opening his eyes, he first saw a white room with luxurious looking yellow curtains, and bright lanterns beside the bed where he sleeps.

But he doesn't matter what his surroundings are right now, all that matters he finally escaped.

Vanoss: I-I'm free.

???: Oh, you're awake.

Vanoss: Hm?

With him was a beautiful girl with short yellow hair with green eyes and Nun uniform, alongside a female Knight behind her.

Vanoss doesn't need to ask who she is as he already knew that little brat.

Vanoss: Sherene?

Sherene: Hello there, Mr. Vanoss. You've startled me a little bit when you woke up, are you feeling okay?

Vanoss: Mhm, where exactly am I?

Sherene: You're at the main Church of the Golden Dawn, at the infirmary section. Some Merchants found you in Aureatville City, a member of the Church spotted you and called us.

Vanoss: Wait… how long did I fast asleep?

Sherene: From what the merchants told them is that they found you nearly a week ago.

Vanoss: Hold the fuck, are you saying I've been in a coma for a week!?

Sherene: Yeah. Gotta ask, we heard you were missing for the past two months, care to explain?

Vanoss: Are you serious? You're the one who said one of us will face an impossible obstacle!

Samantha: Oi! Don't you dare speak to her Majesty like tha—

Feeling offended, Samantha stepped forward and yelled at Evan for being disrespectful to the Queen as she nearly unsheathed her sword, but was cut off by the Queen herself.

Sherene: It's okay, Samantha… *Gaze at Vanoss*, it's true that I know it will happen but never give more details.

Vanoss: Yeah but still doesn't stop what I'm asking.

Sherene: Doesn't matter, all that matters is you have returned.

Vanoss: Sigh, fine. Let me start from the beginning…

(Time Skip)

Sherene: I see. So you are trapped with the same people that cause the same chaos that happened back in Kalren. Returning Dusk.

Vanoss: Well, that is correct. The experience is kinda tough as fuck. I nearly died multiple times down there.

Sherene: I understand. I shall go and inform the higher-ups about this. Thank you, Mr. Vanoss.

Vanoss: Wait, before you leave, did you contact my friends about me?

Sherene: Yeah, I heard all of them travel around the Eastern Region just to find you.

Vanoss: Well, that was sweet of them.

Sherene: I should go. It's nice meeting you again, hero.

Saying this, Sherene stood up from the chair she sat on and headed towards the exit alongside Samantha who nodded in appreciation at him.