Chapter 23: Rented A House

Delirious: Marcel, I don't trust that Herald asshole. He probably will try something funny.

Basically: I know. But don't worry, I feel he will not try anything.

Delirious: Huh? Why are you sure? His sister seemed dissatisfied. And she seems pretty thirsty towards you, or pretty much thirsty only on black guys.

Basically: Are you an idiot, Delirious? They obviously are wary of our background.

Delirious wanted to refute his friend's words, but to be honest, he still did not understand.

It was not that he was stupid, however, he was not very good when it comes to plots and hidden intentions. He was just a normal human on Earth, didn't faced against these type of scenario in real life. It includes Basically and their other friends, but this is a new world, and they are in hardcore mode, it is a life and death situation, not a video game anymore. So no choice they have to expect these circumstances.

Basically: I heard Herald's butler whispering to him that we were probably in a significant or some noble background. I don't know how but I can hear them in a long distance, but doesn't matter anyway. Plus, anyone can see that the two of us are not simple people, because its quite obvious we wore very weird outfits. It's true that Herald's intentions were not good, but he is not a fool. He will not make an enemy he doesn't know anything about just for a Teddy for his sister.

Delirious: In other words, we are safe?

Basically: I think not completely.

Marcel shook his head.

Basically: There is the possibility that I am wrong and they might foolishly enough to attack us. But if something like that happens, we just need to retaliate. At most, we will kill the people they sent.

Delirious nodded with a malicious smile.

Delirious: You are right. We just need to kill them. Then buried them somewhere that no one could atleast find them 😈

Hearing the words from his friend, Marcel sweated a bit, probably he was just acting as his avatar there, but he feels there is some real intentions in his friend's voice which shivered down his spine.

Basically: Alllllright then..... but let's not worry about them for now. Now, we need to worry about finding a place where to sleep.

Delirious: Okay, I will go to ask in the inns.

Basically: No, let's go to the exchange center Herald mentioned. Perhaps we will find something useful there.

The exchange center was the place where the city's administration buys mana cores and monster's materials. After the adventurers and hunters return from an expedition, they would bring their loot there to exchange it for money.

But with the time, the exchange center had become much more than that. Currently, you could not only sell materials there but also buy weapons, get information, and take missions between other things. You could say that the exchange center was the core of Kalren's economy.

The group did not need much time to find it. As a popular place in the city, everybody knew about it. They just needed to ask around to get detailed information on how to reach there.