Chapter 39: Battle of Kalren City 1/2

Samantha was standing in the air above the monsters.

In the view, thousands and thousands of monsters marched towards the walls of the city. The roared and screeched with bloodthirsty eyes, eager to taste the blood of the humans behind the walls.

Sometimes, bird-like monsters attacked Samantha. Every time that happened, Samantha would simply swing her sword, bisecting the monsters before they could approach one hundred meters near her.

However, Samantha knew how useless this was.

Even if she killed one hundred, one thousand, ten thousand, or hundred thousand monsters like these, it would be useless. Two million monsters were equally dangerous for the people of the city. But she would have drained most of her strength.

No, her task here was to kill the strongest monsters. A-rank monsters. Once she killed the monsters that could threaten the city walls, she could spend her remaining strength in the small fries.

Fortunately, she did not need too much time to find the first one.

Three kilometers away, he saw a large tiger-like monster standing over a rock, its size was about larger than the largest Truck. The tiger roared angrily to the sky, displaying its fury and for blood.

Just a glance was enough for Samantha to detect its strength.

<A–> rank.

Samantha's eyes narrowed. She shook off the blood on her sword and kicked the air.

Then, she appeared just above the tiger.

Samantha: Die.

With an ice-cold tone, her sword slashed down.

*Booom!!!*

The sword slash crashed against the ground. Powerful mana waves exploded in the surroundings, killing all the monsters nearby. Just that sword slash was enough to create a one-hundred-meters-long crevice on the ground!

But—

???: How unexpected. To think The Queen's best bodyguards herself would appear so far away from the capital.

A voice spoke from the ground.

A black-dressed man appeared in Samantha's sight. He was holding a narrow long sword while defending the tiger-like monster from the attack.

And the man's strange voice tone. It gave off a Joker vibes.

Yes.

It is the same guy that investigate the missing target on the Slave Traders' wagons with his partner. The same place where Moo first save Gracie from.

As the man defends from Samantha's sword like it was nothing...

Then, something even more unexpected happened.

The tiger kneeled down on the ground and growled submissively to the black-dressed man. When the man nodded, the tiger stood up and ran away.

Samantha was surprised. The scene of an A-rank monster bowing to a human was enough to give her too many things to think about.