Chapter 74: Battle of Demigods

The fire and smoke quickly spread to the entire city. In less than fifteen minutes since the start of the commotion, the whole city had been shrouded in an atmosphere of terror.

Our group of retarded heroes were riding the legendary Banana Bus while driving through the streets. In their way to Animal Paradise, they look outside of the vehicle and met hundreds of civilians running away, being chased by teams of the church of Carnage who killed people without a care for age, race, or sex.

Wildcat, who is driving the Bus killed all the members of the church of Carnage he met in his way by ran over them and any of the Church of Carnage's members tries to stop the Bus.

Nogla: Wooooo! This is so much fun than playing Call of Duty!

Nogla who is at the gunner on top of the Bus shoots them with a Heavy Machine Gun enhanced with Magic, of course most could evade and deflect a bullet, but evading hundreds of bullets at once is not enough to avoid all of them, resulting getting pummeled by bullets to death.

They did killed a lot, however, it was nothing but a drop in the ocean that was in Orazvil City. Terroriser estimated that there were at least 80 thousand followers of the church of Carnage causing chaos and killing crazily.

Delirious: Is the duke crazy!? How can he allow something like this!?

Delirious asked in anger. Watching how innocent people were being killed had put him in a terrible mood.

His friends were not much better. Although they did not know or was related to the people of the city, watching them die cruelly in front their eyes was not a good experience.

Actually, Marcel in thr group already had a rather good idea of why the duke allowed this. Based on the conversation he eavesdropped and the things he had witnessed, he reached a rather terrifying conclusion as he says to them with a dark expression.

Basically: They are sacrifices.

Moo: Sacrifices!?

Basically: Look at the magic circles around the city. Have you not noticed that it has turned brighter than before?

Moo: Do you mean…

Terroriser: Of course, whatever the duke wants to do, he needs sacrifices, and because we rescued the slaves he was going to use as sacrifices, he had to… improvise.

Delirious: That is… SO cruel.

Delirious clenched his fist angrily. His mana seeped out of his body, pressuring the surroundings with fiery killing intent.