Chapter 175: Rivals

The high noon sun was blazing intensely hot, as the world was enveloped by a bright light.

Two days had passed since the previous round Terroriser, and Gabriel, one of the Big Three of Academy City, ended their battle, and today was the next. Right now, the tournament is packed with more people than ever before, creating a bustling and boisterous atmosphere enshrouding the place.

Seated amongst the many spectators was Gabriel himself, as he quietly gazed in the direction of where the tournament stage was.

Replays of his match against Terroriser flashed across his mind as his fists clenched tightly.

'Damn it, I guess Arther was right about him.' He thought in anger, fighting Terroriser was extremely difficult even though he uses everything he has, but he felt that his opponent was holding back when fighting against him. Turns out his' spiritual companion speculation was correct that his opponent had truly been holding back when fighting him.

Remembering himself being pummeled down by Terroriser was deeply engraved inside mind, and he could never take it away from his sight. It would forever be engraved in his mind.

"Fuck..." He ended up muttering to himself. "I guess I can't convince my great grandfather to be the chosen champion of the Sun God. What a disappointment." he grumbled irritably.

From what he had observed in his appearances, he and Terroriser seemed to have the same age, yet, the gap between them was so big.

However, before he could think things through, a new development happened.

[Next Match: Evan Fong vs H20 Delirious]

This piece of news completely shook many people who couldn't help but feel their heart palpitate with excitement.

There was another person that Gabriel couldn't properly gauge the power of beside Terroriser, and that was his two other friends, Vanoss and Delirious.

Regardless of how much he trained for the whole 20 years of his entire life, he had observed their fight and he had to swallow his pride and admit that those two were monsters; one has unbelievable speed that unmatches to a normal A-rank, but just below Isabella and rivaling Mu Quan. While the other one has a different thing that it even shook him to the core. He had seen countless Necromancers and Dark mages throughout his life, even fighting them, but the mask man below is something else entirely. Although he is confident enough to beat him and his undead army, he still couldn't hold as there is some mysterious vibe within him, even his spirit in his Sword told him to be wary of him.

Anyway, being the Holy Son of the Church of the Rising Sun, Gabriel was naturally proudful, but whenever he tried to compare himself to Isabella and Mu Quan, and even some of these hooligans that just arrive at Academy City, he couldn't fathom how in the world he was going to come close to their level.

Crossing his arms and leaning back on his seat, Gabriel took a deep breath.

'Let's see what they can do.'

----------------------

"Ugh, what a shitty luck right?" Delirious said with a wry smile on his face. He was currently standing opposite Vanoss in the arena, and he had a casual look on his face.

"It really is shitty luck." Vanoss nodded his head when he heard his words.

Looking each other in the eyes, the two rivals of the crew could tell that they both thought of this situation as ridiculous, but at the end of the day, they really couldn't do anything about it.

It was what it was.

"Hey, Delirious." Vanoss called out, his voice sounding extremely serious.

"What is it?"