Chapter 167: The Dirty Knife Boys are Back!

"Your tag," Vanoss spoke up indifferently, aiming a gun at an innocent looking girl lying on the ground in front of him.

The girl gritted her teeth and threw her tag unwillingly. She then closed her eyes and started to cry silently.

Vanoss ignored her, he put her tag in his inventory and left, not giving an absolute shit for the girl anyway who vanished due to losing her tag, it eliminated her from the game. Now with this tag, Vanoss has gathered more than twenty tags so far. 

Although he was not sure about how the others were doing, Vanoss thought it was a pretty good result. Hence, his mood was pretty good. He could not help it. Just one hour ago, he had escaped from a scary furry who knows kung fu and finally managed to completely shake off literally Death going after his ass.

After he used that man as bait, Vanoss mixed between the other contestants and distanced as much as he could from the hunter.

In that situation, the hunter could only give up on Vanoss.

When his Subway Satellite confirmed the hunter was not going after him anymore, Vanoss heaved a sigh of relief. 

Then, he focused on the game again. He hunted as many enemies as possible, getting their badges. Some of the enemies even had more than one badge, so Vanoss' tags increased quickly.

Soon, though, the number of opponents had started to decrease.

Well, a few hours had passed since the start of the hunt, and most of the weaker candidates had already been eliminated. Plus, the ones still alive we're definitely going towards the center of the city.

"I guess I should hurry up too." Vanoss mumbled as he entered on stealth and started to advance again.

At the same time, he used the satellite to observe in the surrounding areas around him. But when he saw the information his satellite sent to him, his expression turned solemn.

The number of Hunters in the way ahead was greater than he thought.

Just fifty kilometers around him, he managed to catch the figures of three different Hunters. Although that number seemed small, a Hunter, which were spiritual entities summoned by a Demigod, and summoned by a demigod which he could send his strength onto them makes them powerful as a demigod as well, and do note that Demigods could easily travel a mere fifty kilometer in seconds without any skills or magic.

In other words, if his location was discovered, then Vanoss is definitely and absolutely fuck. In fact, during the time his satellite was observing his surroundings, Vanoss managed to catch the scene of a student, who is at the A-rank level being suppressed by a Hunter in less than two seconds.

"Good thing they are here to weed out the discovered candidates." Vanoss mumbled and sighed in relief. Judging by the current situation, the Hunters were suppressing their strength, however, at the end of the day, they were much stronger than all of the students in this challenge.

In other words, a normal contestant was destined to be eliminated once he is spotted by a Hunter.

Following that line of thought, the key to surviving this game lay in not being spotted. The Hunters were here not to test the candidates' combat strength, but instead to test their abilities to hide and avoid danger.

Of course, there were a few contestants with strong enough abilities to escape the chase of a Hunter, one perfect example is Vanoss. But he was sure most of the candidates would be unable to do something like that.

Heaving a tired sigh, Vanoss moved carefully to avoid the Hunters and continued on his way.

Fortunately, his luck was pretty good. On the way, he met with another contestant that he easily defeated using his usual strategy, and not much later, he spotted more candidates, this time, though, they were more than one.