Chapter 37: Preparation

Herald: Sorry about this, Mr. Barrus. Father thought that it was a good idea to have you here given that you have experienced the fight with the monsters.

Brock nodded.

Moo: Don't worry, I understand.

Herald nodded in relief and guided Brock, Marcel, and Delirious inside the hall.

Currently, our three idiotic retards were in the city hall. The city lord had convoked a meeting with the leaders of the adventurers and hunter parties plus the powerhouses in the city. The meeting was to discuss the strategies to face the monster's wave.

Plus, he also sent messages to other nearby cities for aid not too long ago.

Herald had gone to the three's house in the morning to invite them to the meeting, and none of them did not refuse.

For them, this was a good opportunity to share what they knew about the monsters.

When Brock, Delirious, and Marcel entered the hall, they realized that it was already full. More than one hundred warriors and mages were seated or standing inside the hall. Each one of them sported serious expressions and were looking anxiously in the direction of the city lord.

Especially there is some demi-humans or beastmens among the group, but rarely so.

The three members of Team 6 were surprised when they observed the people here. Thet realized that there were another three A-rank practitioners in this hall besides the City Lord.

One of them was a buff man with a greatsword resting beside him, the other was a refined-looking old man seated in a chair with his eyes closed, and the last one was a mage-like woman standing behind a group of warriors with an ice-cold expression.

Each one of them emitted a sense of pressure that intimidated the people in their surroundings. It was obvious that they were the top people in this city.

When most of the people invited arrived, the city lord started his speech.

City Lord: Ladies and gentlemen, we are reunited here due to the disaster our city is facing. I think that everybody here knows the gist of the situation, so we will not explain that. Instead, I will focus on defensive strategies.

The city lord then talked about the plans for the defense, the number approximated of monsters, the logistics during the battle, the distribution of the hunters, and some other things.

But when he reached a certain point, a commotion arose in the hall.

Random Guy: City lord, are you saying that we are forced to participate in the defensive battle?

An insidious looking man asked. He had a scar in his cheek, and his eyes seemed filled with venom.

Random Guy: Why would we risk our lives in a battle like this?

City Lord: It was an order of the kingdom. If any of the people in the city runs away, the kingdom will brand them as traitors and punish them.

Random Guy: Hahaha, city lord, stop joking. Many of the people here are not from this kingdom. To be honest, the only reason I'm here is that it's more convenient to hunt in this city. As for risking my life for this city? Hahahaha, you need more than a threat like that to make me stay. To be honest, I don't care if I'm branded as a criminal. At most, I will leave this country.