Chapter 33: Catching A Jolteon!

The group advanced gradually in the forest. The Scarlet Prince Adventurers walked ahead, scouting the path and searching for signs of the lightning Fennec.

Our lovable idiotic heroes were at the back of the group.

After Delirious attack, the atmosphere of the party had been tense. Scarlet Prince's men were constantly shooting menacing looks to the boys. Karen was doing the same, but with worried looks instead of menacing ones.

At that moment, Herald approached to the three.

Herald: Sir Basically, sir Brock, Sir Delirious, sorry for the trouble Harold's men caused. It was my fault. Next time, I'll make sure of contracting a better party. I hope this incident doesn't affect our friendship.

Brock snorted in disdain inwardly facing this fake apology, but he did not show anything in his face. Instead, he smiled and shook his head.

Moo: Don't worry, I know it's not your fault, young master Herald. Besides, we don't care much about it, for us, they are not more than a joke.

Basically: Yeah, unless they don't step out of the line. Or saying something racist.

Marcel said, the last words he spoke, he said it in a very serious tone.

Herald frowned. For an instant, he felt as though something was wrong, but he could not put a finger on it. In the end, he blamed it on his imagination.

After Herald returned to his sister and Skyler's side, Delirious snorted in disdain.

Delirious: Blah, hypocrite. I don't understand why you still tolerate the bastard..

Basically: We've already explained to you the reason last night, Delirious. We need to know the reason behind this situation.

Delirious: You are right, but I truly want to kill him. I hate backstabbing bastards like him the most. People like him reminds me back from my high school days.

Moo: It's not so easy, my friend.

Brock said with a bitter smile. He could understand Delirious' feelings. When you trust someone completely, but that person betrays you, it's the worst feeling. Delirious felt one before back then, but his also not the only one gets betrayed, like their other friends.

(Not cannon, Delirious is a private man, so we have no clue more about his life)

But Brock knew he could not simply kill the son of a city lord. Not only because if he died now, he and his friends would be the most likely suspects, but also due to the consequences of it.

He and the others did not fear the city lord in the slightest, but they all did not want to be wanted in this kingdom yet.

No matter how he and the two thought about it, that was not a good idea.

Thus, even if they did end up killing Herald or the city lord, they must do it without leaving behind any clue, so they won't be sus.

The group walked for a while. From time on time, they were attacked by beasts, but the strongest was just at the <C-> rank, and the group killed it easily.

Meanwhile, Herald looked at the beast that the three just killed and whistled.

Herald: One-hit kill, again. You all seem like someone used to hunt beasts before.