Chapter 28: Inviting

???: Who dares to touch my daughter!?

A thunderous voice came from the distance.

The trio were startled. They all looked in a direction of the voice and saw a man rushing towards them while emitting an intimidating aura.

Almost instantly, Marcel deduced the identity of the man.

'The city lord!'

The man took less than one second to arrive from the moment he spoke. He then released his entire aura, forcing all the people in the market to kneel.

Only Marcel, Skyler, Karen, and Moo were able to remain standing. However, they felt unpleasant. Delirious however, nearly bend his knees and his expression seems he was about to suffocate.

Delirious gazes at the City Lord and try emit his own aura to shut him up.

But that made it even worse when the city lord felt his gaze, he looked at him and snorted.

City Lord: Hmph! So it's you!

Then, he unleashed a punch towards him.

Karen: Dad, stop! They saved me!

Karen cried out, but the attack had already been launched.

Fortunately, Skyler manage to be feet from Delirious and kick him before the fist hits him.

Both of the City Lord and Delirious on the ground look at Skyler and asked.

Delirious/City Lord: What's the big idea!?

S

kyler: Calm down, City Lord. Ask your daughter. And Mr. Delirious, thank me from getting nearly punch by the City Lord.

She sais calmly.

Looking at his daughter, the city lord was talking with her.

City Lord: They saved you? Skyler, explain. What happened?

He asked Karen's bodyguard once again.

Skyler bowed and explained the entire situation.

When the city lord heard that it had been Delirious, Brock, and Marcel who stopped the assassins from taking Karen away, he furrowed his brows.

City Lord: Is it so?

He then turned towards the trio and apologized.

City Lord: Sorry about it, young miss. I acted rashly out of worry. I hope you don't keep it against me.

The three frowned. No matter how they saw it, the city lord did not seem sincere.

However, some did not want more trouble. Thus, Brock simply nodded.

Moo: Don't worry about it, we understand. Now that everything is resolved, we will leave.

Then, the trio turned around and started to walk away.

City Lord: Wait!