Chapter 149: Shadow Garden

Another day has passed since Vanoss had visited Isabella's club. From what he discussed with her, Vanoss has followed. It was a group belonging to a shadow organization that also allied with her family.

Naturally they just hired mercenaries or assassins, but allying with an organization that not even the authorities has other information about them seems like her family must not be some ordinary one.

And now their target is him, Vanoss. It could be either he defeated their strongest heir, Isabella, or he killed the Oriana family's strongest warrior. Vanoss doesn't really know exactly.

Right now, he was just walking outside through the streets of Academy City at 10 AM in the morning. Today is kinda crowded as a huge load of people, both tourists and students, of different races from different countries roamed around.

It seems like a kinda normal day... until this weird sensation Vanoss was feeling.

Couldn't take this anymore, he wore the Google Glasses and asked the AI.

"Hey Google, is there anybody following me?"

[If I'm Siri, then I would say no. But me, positive.]

"Okay... will the Headmistress notice that some intruders had infiltrated her city?"

[She had noticed since the start, but she doesn't give a shit.]

"What do you mean she doesn't give a shit!?" Vanoss exclaimed, his loud tone got some unwanted attention from the crowd around him, so he just lowered his volume, "Why?"

[Like I said, she doesn't give a shit.]

"Whatever, can you show me their location?"

[That's a negative, the unknown figures were using mana control alone to hide their presence incredibly, better than any high-tier stealth magic in the list of Tier Magic. Though not as good as Stella, it is so powerful that not even an A-rank at the Rogue Class could detect them easily.]

"Stop shitting facts, just tell me or else I'm replacing you with Alexa."

[Understood]

Then, a monitor appears right in the glasses in front of Vanoss' eyes, there, a bunch of red dots appear. There were also green and blue dots, which are civilians. The big dots in the middle were obviously him. After a quick calculation in the next nanosecond, there were at least more than seventeen of them.

Really? Sending seventeen people against one? They should've brought an army!

Vanoss looked at his surroundings, there were a lot of people. If they attack here, a commotion will happen and Vanoss won't like to get unwanted attention. 

"Let's move to a quieter place."

———

"Alright, this one will do."

Mhm, a cliche place which is none other than the back alley. A dark back alley with no people and no disturbance.

"Now, let's meet them."

Vanoss summons a small kitchen knife. He then effortlessly throws the knife in a random direction, which creates a sonic boom.

A figure, who was hidden perfectly on top of the building, was disturbed, before it could pierced her, a hand easily parried the blade.

"So, you have noticed us." A man spoke with a voice so deep and so low that it almost seems to be emanating from the bottom of the abyss.

"No, it's more like I have noticed long time ago :/ ' Vanoss thought.