Chapter 44: Returning Dusk

(Disclaimer: Returning Dusk doesn't belong to me but belong to it's respectful owner, @Aidka)

Basically: One of the surveillance drones spotted Gracie getting kidnapped.

Marcel's words were like thunder in Skyler's ears.

Skyler: What did you say!?

Basically: It was the men that attacked the city lord's daughter at that time. Probably the so-called shadows.

Skyler's face turned pale, then, her paleness turned into anger.

Skyler: Why did you not let that thing called 'drone' save her!

Basically: What? The Drone doesn't have any weapon system in it. Even I want to save her, the kidnappers will definitely destroy the drone.

Terroriser: Well, it's quite obvious when she belongs to a medieval like world.

Ignoring the Cyborg's words, Skyler wanted to rebuke, but his words were caught in her throat. Plus, she was too worried about her sister to quarrel witu Marcel.

Skyler: Now is not the time for this! Damn it! I need to find my sister!

Skyler stopped caring about them and started to think about the situation.

Marcel sighed at that moment.

Basically: Calm down, your little sister is fine.

Skyler: Huh?

Basically: The girl was put to sleep, but they did not dare to injure her, apparently because they had orders to keep her safe. Delirious also put a tracker device to know her exact location.

Skyler: ._. ?

Delirious: Well enough wasting our fucking time. Let's go then. Xavier, led the way!

Terroriser: Hey guys! By the way, what are we going to do about him?

Brian asked as he kicked the still alive Herald.

Skyler snorted in hatred.

Skyler: It doesn't matter. He will die soon anyway.

Delirious shrugged.

Delirious: I got no problem about that.

Basically: Meh, me either.

Thus, the group of four jumped onto Xavier and immediately rushed towards Gracie's location.

As for Herald, he could only look at the sky while death slowly came for him and the pain of the poison tortured his mind.

Finally, after five minutes, a wolf monster arrived at the alley attracted by the smell of blood.

When it saw the corpses, the wolf howled. Soon, the alley was filled with hungry wolves thirsty for blood.

Not too long, one of them bit Herald's neck, and then another bit his stomach, and another bit his arm, and another wolf bit some parts of his body, and another, and another until there are over 20 of them or far more are coming.