Chapter 164: The Battle Royal

The whole world was dyed red.

The fading sunset illuminated a grisly sight. Screams of despair were heard throughout the city. Blood splattered the walls and clogged the gutters. A massive shadow looming towards the lands eclipsing the tragedy below.

"This... This can't..." A young girl's voice echoed through the silence. She had beautiful golden hair and piercing blue eyes. And she couldn't have been more than ten. 

Reflected in her eyes was her home, embroiled in a swathe of unknown dark matter. She stood atop a small observation platform, her long hair and dress swaying in the warm breeze. She gripped the golden guardrails so hard her knuckles went white as the guardrails creaked ominously under the force of her grip.

Even though that guardrails is made out of metal that is one of Prismatic Ores, which made the strength of the little girl should not possess. 

Because she wasn't any ordinary girl. 

She was a member of the Targaryen Family,  a powerful royal family of Dragons that dominates and ruled Seven Dragon Empires of the Continent of Valyria for tens of thousands of years.

And the girl, through her veins flowed royal blood. She had watched as the world's most beautiful capital, her hometown, was invaded and razed to the ground.

A continental empire ruled by a Dragon Overlord, who dominate Seven Empires that each had ruled by Four Dragon Emperors and Three Empresses(AKA True Dragons), each of these empires had occupied large lands and ruled hundreds of Higher Dragon Lords and thousands of Lower Dragon Lords.

But even they have thousands of Dragons that each could destroy a world, especially the Seven True Dragons, each of them were capable of wiping out weaker worlds with their aura alone had been unable to withstand such an overwhelming onslaught from the Blight.

Why did this have to happen? 

Until recently, the different races all over the world, the 15 Gods, the 9 Monarchs, and hundreds of kingdom and empires joined forces and faced these monsters.

But after all of their sacrifices, they are still being overwhelmed.

The young girl gazed, dumbfounded, as the chaos raged through the city.

"Princess... It's not safe here. You must escape." The girl's attendant urged her to flee. However, the young girl shook her head without taking her eyes off the city.

"Princess..."

"Venri. I am the princess of Valyria. My father, the other Dragon Emperors and an army of Dragonlords are still fighting out there. Yet you would have me flee? If there is a place I should be... it is down there." She pointed to the battle still raging in the distance.

Her attendant, Venri, ran up to her, "You mustn't, Princess!"

"I know. Even if I were to go, I would only be a hindrance. Never have I cursed my youth and inexperience."

A thin trail of blood ran down her mouth. She'd bit her lip so hard it bled. It took every

ounce of her willpower not to rush down and aid the army of Dragons below. Her home country had been razed and her people slaughtered. 

Now, her family was on the verge of being killed, and she was powerless to stop it. She hated her own weakness more than she despised her enemies.

It was then that the person whose safety she feared for the most appeared.

"Wave, I told you to head inside the barrier!"

"Father!"

The girl, who turn out to be Wave, her father was a giant of a man. Massive scaled wings sprouted from either side of his back with an infinite amount of magic energy in golden color moved around him like an omnipotent god.