Chapter 177: Start of the Chaos

"Guess it's my turn next."

With a confident smile on his face, Vanoss stepped forward.

"Are you going now?" Basically tilted his head. "They will surely send someone strong for this battle. Is it not better if you just had prep time before you go into battle? That way, the chances of winning will be higher."

"It's not necessary. I'm confident I won't lose."

"Yeah..."

The following few days was a pleasant time for Vanoss and the Banana Bus Crew, other than Vanoss being ignored by Isabella, even giving him a glare when they met for some reason, he still had his turn on the final rounds of the Tournament. After several matches, even Terroriser and Delirious were finished and won... well except for Marcel Wildcat.

But now, it is Vanoss' turn.

"Seriously, I won't lose," Vanoss said to himself confidently. "Trust me."

Marcel, along with Wildcat, Moo, and the others except for Terroriser who isn't present right now both roll their eyes. Vanoss smiled back before walking towards the stadium. When he arrived, he saw his enemy waiting for him already.

"Ah, we have met again." Vanoss said as he smiled at the opponent he was facing across the arena, which was a ruined city.

And that opponent was Mu Quan.

"Well, the most important battle must be fought by the two rivals, right?" Mu Quan replied, his lips curved up slightly which broke his usual indifferent look. "I hope you don't disappoint me, because I'm gonna show you the power of a being with countless lives."

"Don't worry, I won't," Vanoss said, but his expression changed to a look of confusion when he mentioned the last part. "And what did you mean by the last words you said?"

"Oh? Are you curious?" Mu Quan asked with an amused expression. "Unfortunately, I can't tell you now. However, don't worry, you will know very soon."

Vanoss squinted his eyes, "What do you mean?"

Mu Quan did not answer, instead he stared at Vanoss back to his usul cold look, "I already said too much. Let's stop our chat here, Vanoss. After all, now is time for our battle."

After saying that, Mu Quan created a small space-tearing rift to his side and pulled out his strongest weapon, [Imperial Sword Zenshin] and took a fighting stance, and at the same time…

"[Apex Predator]"

The moment he says it, a terrifying amount of aura emits from his body that rocked the whole stadium, and shattered the earth beneath him.

"Referee, you can start the battle whenever you want."

The demigod, who is Han Yufei himself, looked at the two of them for a few seconds and nodded. 

"Are you ready?"

"Ready." Mu Quan said as his aura expanded even more.

"I'm all in." Vanoss said as he took his sword and gun.

"Then, start!"

As soon as the voice of the demigod fell, Mu Quan took a step forward, and…

BOOOOOM!

Like a nuke being detonated, his body suddenly disappeared and the entire area behind him exploded, before appearing at Vanoss' right and swinging his long katana down at the speed that Vanoss might already get decapitated in their first fight during the battle royale.

But...

[Sandevistan] [Edgerunner]

Using both power of magic and technology, Vanoss easily avoids a very fast attack that he couldn't even perceive before responding by delivering a kick, coating with a tremendous amount of mana towards Mu Quan's head.