Chapter 116: Taking the Initiative

*Ci Clank!*

Exiting the room the two were staying in, Delirious calmly looked at his surroundings.

Delirious(Thoughts): It's a lot quieter than I thought.

Now that he was done with the deactivation of the beacons, it was now time that he properly scouted the place.

Since he had to suddenly hasten their plans, he and Vanoss decided to get everything ready within the next day or so.

The first step was to know the environment well.

Although he knew the general layout of the place thanks to some of the things Technoblade had sent to him and Vanoss, he just wanted to get a proper look at himself.

After all, seeing in person was much better than seeing through a small map. Moreover, the map was created by the spies sent by the dwarves. With everyone being strictly monitored, they were bound to miss something.

Guard: Dr. Gigawatts? What are you doing?

But just as Delirious took a couple of steps outside of his room, someone called out for him; it was the guard that had been assigned to him.

Delirious: What do you care what I do?

Turning around and saying with an unfriendly tone was done so that the guard would get the idea, and leave him alone.

Unfortunately, the guard didn't seem to care. Unfazed by Delirious' tone, he calmly said.

Guard: I am your guard, of course, I care. Right now you're probably one of the most wanted Duergar in the whole of the Meccan Kingdom. I was told never to leave your side.

Delirious(Thoughts): Ah, right, should've expected this.

In hindsight, he wasn't wrong. Being the one responsible for shutting down the beacons, his life was in quite a bit of danger.

Saying that he was the most wanted duergar wasn't a lie. He truly was.

Although he could probably defend himself now that he was <A> rank, with his every move being watched, Delirious couldn't carelessly kill anyone at the moment.

Plus…

Eyeing the guard next to him, Delirious knew that his only goal wasn't just to guard him, but most likely, he had been sent by the elders to keep watch of him. It seemed like they still did not fully trust him.

Unaware of what Delirious was thinking, the guard continued talking.

Guard: We've already managed to stop two assassination attempts that were aimed for your life. If you go alone, I won't be able to protect you, and the elders would not let me go. For my life, I have to follow you.

Delirious: Ugh, fine.

Listening to him continuously speak, Delirious eventually relented, because his presence wasn't the worst thing ever. At the very least, he could protect him. 

It would be pretty ironic if he died at the hands of a dwarven spy.

Since only a few individuals knew of his presence here, as of this moment, he was the enemy of all dwarfs.

Guard: Thank you for understanding!

Seeing Delirious agree, the guard sighed in relief and thanked him, so he then proceeded to run up to him.

Guard: So, where are you headed?

Glancing at him from the corner of his eyes, Delirious responded.

Delirious: Just casually looking around. I've been in the room for too long. Need a breath of fresh air.