Chapter 91: The Second Doomsday Planning

Once again opening his mouth, 682 stuttered. The reply was slow, but, even then, the meaning of his words was easy to understand.

He had acknowledged himself to be 682.

George: Hahaha, perfect!

Professor George then burst into a fit of maniacal laughter

George: It fucking worked! My experiment worked!

George had finally gotten one step closer to creating his greatest weapon!

George: This is great! With 682, I now don't have to worry about the funding! Ah, 682 come with me! I need to present you to the higher-ups.

Walking back and forth, ignoring Veltras beside him as if she didn't even exist,

Veltras: Professor, don't rush things yet. He's still not ready.

George immediately looks at her with an angry expression but then recalling her words and turning his head back to the Owl Beastmen, he is smart enough to know Veltras' words were true, he then forcefully tried to suppress his emotions.

He was too high on success. Since he had been given 2-3 weeks, he might as well make full use of that time and develop 682 even more.

Added with the fact that they wanted to question him, it was best to thoroughly brain-wash him before going to the higher-ups. With their tempers, he wouldn't know what they'd do.

Thus, he turned towards his assistant whose name he still did not know.

George: You!

Scientist: Professor?

George: What about the other subjects? How are they doing? Is there anyone else that is promising

Scientist: Other subjects...hmm, let me check.

Taking out a tablet, the assistant scrolled through some files. Not before long, he answered.

Scientist: Hmmm...Out of the 2652 subjects we are testing in this facility, only 56 of them show a similar reaction to 682. Although not as prominent, they are the best next thing after him. From the data that we have analyz-

George: 56? That little? That's only like a 3% success rate.

This number was a lot lower than he had expected. Not even 2.7% of his subjects managed to succeed. This just showed how difficult the project was.

It was no wonder why the higher-ups were getting impatient. At the rate he was going, they'd never see results. At least not within a short period of time.

Scientist: Yes. A lot of the subjects either turned insane or died, it includes the Blight within them. The only ones that we could count on are these 56 subjects. Even then, they are only showing similar signs as 682. We can't guarantee that they will turn out like him.

George: I see...

Though the numbers were low, he had somewhat expected this. Especially since all humans, Beastmens, and other Demi-humans were no different. Not all could withstand the potency of the serum.

George(Thoughts): Fortunately, I have 682 with me.

Recalling the successes he had with 682, George calmed down a bit.

Using him as a reference, he should be able to create even more powerful soldiers.

The more soldiers he created, the greater the impression he would leave on the higher-ups. This of course also meant a greater budget for future endeavors.

George: Hehehe.

Thinking thus far, Professor George once again laughed. Things were starting to brighten up for him.