Chapter 82: The Panther General

(Eastern Region, border between Immorgenaria and the Senadate Theocracy, 300 feet from the Ground)

It was a beautiful and peaceful time in nature, until a very large shadow convered across a green field filled with rocks and trees. Shortly after the shadow first appeared, the scene shifts towards the sky which shows the mighty Airfleets.

Unlike other fantasy worlds, in Fordalt, the skies have been fully conquered as much as the humans did back on Earth.

They rode flying ships of great shape who flew and bore death. The Airships which the kingdoms manned and flew above their lands to protect their skies and the cities. The small airships they built is to protect their treasures. In fact, it was first invented by the dwarves in the north in the snowy mountains on the Western region. They invented the first airships 600 years ago.

Of course, these flying wooden ships were mostly used for the merchants, traveling, transporting, and best of all, for War. Not only do they overpower land troops but they do so effectively against thousands of armies. The common soldiers were no match for the warships who have weapons could blow them away, decimate them to dust. The cannons on them would crush them and their ability to fly.

All battleships were protected by magic defensive barriers to protect themselves, no puny amount of arrows or low-tier magic spells could make a dent on the defensive barriers and the wood on them won't catch fire like normal wooden ships do. The only thing capable of doing so was, of course, a high-tier magic or powerful weapons could take down the barrier. Magical weapons and spells above 6th tier were effective and almost the only viable way of shooting them down or destroying them in that manner. They sometimes always aimed for the bridge, the balloons or sails on top, or the place where the powersource that levitates the ship, like shooting the part where your heart and brain was.

As an army of 30 Airships flew through the skies, not long after, a deep yet powerful voice shook the surroundings.

???: Ready for battle, men!

Holding onto a large metallic axe dyed in what seemed to be blood in it, was a tall, black, and muscular man that had a large scar covering half of his face. Not just that, he has some sort of Panther like ears and tail.

His heavy green eyes that were buried beneath his eye sockets, looked in front of him in the 100 meter distance where another Airfleets, unlike the airship he was in, those ones were blue and more luxurious and the design gaves you some Religious vibes. The one the Panther Beastmen mostly look at was the person in the very front in the decks of the airship, he appears to be a man in his mid 40s and wore some blue armor that has a bit of red design in it.

Senadate Theocracy's Airships:

Similarly looking back at his opponent, the blue-red armor man stared at the Panther beastmen in the eyes in the distance

Neither one of them spoke, however, heavy tension prevailed over the surrounding.