Chapter 43: The Terminator Arrives

Herald: S-Skyer, why?

The silver hair maid did not reply. Instead, she eyed coldly at Herald before disappearing from her position.

One second later, that place was hit by a powerful attack.

*Boom!*

The B-rank protecting Herald had finally reacted.

B-rank Bodyguard: Skyler, what have you done! Do you know what this means!?

Skyler reappeared beside Marcel and Delirious and then snorted.

Skyler: Of course I know. I'm betraying the city lord.

The entire place fell silent. Delirious and Marcel were dumbfounded by the sudden change.

Delirious: Ummm... Miss Skyler, why?

Skyler closed her eyes and replied.

Skyler: Why are you two look so confused and surprised? I have been on your side since the start.

Delirious/Basically: Huh?

Skyler: Young master Marcel, do you think you would have been able to detect me so easily if I don't leak my killing intent? I admit that your senses are pretty useful against me, but I'm an entire rank above you. Moreover, I have already learned about the limitations of your fighting skills and weapons that I witnessed several battles. So I'm confident in injuring all of you if I go all out. Fortunately for you, Herald was my target since the start, but the guy beside him was too alert so I did not find an opportunity. I have to thank young master Delirious for that. His sudden arrival gave me the opportunity I needed.

The two boys were stunned. When Marcel thinks about it, he had always been able to feel Skyler's faint killing intent during the battle.

To think she was leaking it purposely so he could avoid her attacks. he had to admit it was ingenious.

However, he could not understand the reason yet.

Not only Marcel and Delirious was confused. Herald and the black-dressed men could not understand either.

Seeing this, Skyler smiled coldly and began to explain everything.

Skyler: Let me tell you a story. Many years ago, there were two powerful families in this city. One was the Arcavdol family, and the other was the Soviel family, a family full of beastmens...

Both families controlled the city. One of them had the position of the city lord, and the other controlled the underground. For many years, the two families were allies and worked together to keep the city in their grasp...

But twenty years ago, one of the families was no longer happy with the status quo...

The forces of the Arcavdol family, led by the current city lord, attacked the Soviel family in a bloody night. All the people of the Soviel family died, and their most loyal subordinates were killed. It was an incredibly ruthless and effective move that put the whole city in the city lord's grasp...

But unbeknownst to the city lord, two people survived that night. Two young beastmen girls were protected by the family's servants and escaped through a secret tunnel. They are the last two descendants of the Soviel family. Young master Herald, do you understand now?