Chapter 48: The Gangs Back Together!

In the end, the reason the creature managed to escape was that everybody underestimated it.

In fact, when the creature manipulated the A-rank monsters to attack the black-dressed men the first time, its goal was never to escape. It knew that escaping under the watch of so many black-dressed men was nearly impossible.

No, its goal was to find the person holding the control stone. When it confirmed that the control stone was in the hands of the leader, it achieved its goal.

Then its next plan was the most logical part of all in its plan.

Wait.

Wait for an opportunity to kill him.

The leader of the black-dressed men knew that the creature was cunning, but he never expected it to be this cunning. Since the start, it had managed to control a creature without injecting its flesh and blood on it.

It was the Forest Dragon, the one that killed the leader.

That was the reason the control stone did not work on it.

That was the reason the Forest Dragon could burrow in the earth. It used magic to separate the earth and stones and move quickly.

In the end, the creature's plan was successful. Against all the odds, it managed to escape the black-dressed men's control.

Now, it was free.

Free to slaughter as much as it wanted.

*Screeeeeech!!!*

The cry of the creature reverberated in the city and was answered by hundreds of thousands of monsters. The bloodthirsty monsters bowed to its master and welcomed its freedom.

Then, the feast of flesh and blood started.

*Roar!!!*

Houses were destroyed, doors were knocked down, children were torn apart, and parents died defending their children. It was as though the monsters had turned berserk, killing even more savagely than before.

Screams of pain and fear filled the city streets. The adventurers and soldiers still defending the city watched how their comrades were slaughtered, falling under the jaws of ferocious beasts and dying with expressions of despair.

Enemy Demigod: Hey! You need to stop! We need to stop that creature first!

Marrow, the enemy demigod shouted to Samantha, but Samantha ignored him. She seemed not to care about the creature or the monsters killing the citizens.

Since the moment she learned that the mysterious demigod belonged to Returning Dusk and the one who killed her father centuries ago, it was as though nothing else mattered.

The black-dressed demigod clicked his tongue. 'Damn it, what is with this crazy bitch!' He then looked down at the city and his expression turned ugly.

In the current situation, his priority should be to recover the creature, however, doing so right now was the same as giving up his life to the Demigod fighting him.

Thus, he could only go for the next best option.

With a grunt, he coursed his mana through his body and released it with a blast towards Samantha!