Chapter 173: Battle of Rage

A/n: Got back from a vacation, sorry for updating late but I'm here! And as for the vacation... its shit. Goddamn typhoon, it canceled the best activities I was about to experience damn it! FUCK I BOOKED IT FOR A YEAR AGO AND I'VE WAITED FOR THAT SHIT UNTIL THIS!

Anyway, enjoy the chapter :p

———

Standing near the portal that would transmit the contestants to the arena, Silug had a calm look on his face. However, deep within his calm look is a feeling of excitement.

If he was his arrogant and angry self back in his younger teenage years, he would've dismissed him for being human, but he suppressed his natural instincts, feelings and racist nature thanks to being in Academy City for a few years. After also witnessing Marcel's strength during the Tower Defense, his feeling of looking down on others decreased more.

As his thoughts paused there, his line of sight met with one of the people managing the portals.

Then, taking a step forward he slowly entered it.

———————————————————————

"What's with that look?"

Staring at Marcel who had just come out of the portal, Vanoss' face leaned back a little as his eyes squinted. Because the way he came out of the portal, just... well, how should he describe it? It felt as though his black friend was trying to purposely act like a tough guy.

The moment Marcel heard Evan's words, his brows twitched a little, "What are you on about?"

"...You know exactly what I'm talking about." Vanoss replied with a meaningful look. 

Raising his brow, Marcel glanced towards his right and left before he leaned his body forward slightly and whispered, "Actually, I was trying to imitate you."

"Imitate me?"

"Yeah." Basically nodded his head repeatedly, "You know... when you get all edgy and stuff, and to be honest, I think I did a very good job."

"No, you're not. I'll call it absolutely zero that even Bryan Cranston will feel cringe at it."

"Okay, that hurts. I thought we were friends, man." Basically murmured, placing his palm on his chest with a sad look on his face.

"...We're not." Evan simply said without any hesitation and care, which caused Basically to drop into his knees and cried in a very dramatic way.

It was then that a laughable smirk appeared on Vanoss' face as he patted Marcel on the shoulder, "Stop fucking around, man. I'll wait for you at the stands. If you can, try ending the match as fast as I did."

Before Basically could say anything back, Vanoss bid goodbye to him and directly left.

There were a lot of things that he wanted to say to him before he left, like how he had doped himself to victory, but then again, they were within the rules so he really couldn't say anything.

Unlike the tournaments he heard from various countries, this was one of the few that were not a children's tournament. Apart from the out-of-bounds rule which was set up purposely with the intent of limiting the contestant's space, there were very few rules placed in the tournament.

This was obviously done on purpose. After all, in a real fight, rules did not exist. Be it Magic Items, cheating, killing, or anything that would have normally been banned in tournaments held in most countries, everything was allowed here, hell, even a damn nuclear bomb is normally allowed, and the referees were only there to initiate and end the match.