Chapter 96: Assault Mission

The moment Evan stepped into the flames, he could feel the heat from the fire brush past his skin.

Technically, thanks to the Fire Resistance potion he drank, he felt absolutely nothing while standing upon the sea of flames he was in

Vanoss: Fucking… this is very annoying.

Because of the raging flames blocking his vision, Evan couldn't see where he was going. Even then, he could still hear the agonizing shouts coming from the Guards that were being burnt alive.

Focusing on the screams coming from the guards, he quickly headed in their direction.

They are his goal.

Guard: Khh…khhh…h-help…

Before long, following the nearest scream, Evan arrived before a guard who appears to be a Sparrow Beastmen. Well, what remained of him.

While the flames were blocking his vision, there was a space with no fire and could see easily around, arriving before him, Vanoss was able to get a quick glimpse of his condition.

The moment his eyes laid on him, all he saw was a charred body. With his hand raised towards his direction, in a groggy, almost inaudible voice, the Sparrow Beastmen begged.

Guard: Help…me…ahh—!

Vanoss: Sure.

Lowering his body, Evan raised his hand and smacked his head, directly killing him in one hit. At this point, even someone came to his aid, he was too far injured to be saved.

Vanoss: Ohhh…

Right there, Evan's eyes paused towards what seemed to be the hand of the guard. On it was a small golden ring.

Taking the ring from the guard's hand, Evan closed his eyes and channeled his mana.

Vanoss: Great, everything is here :)

Looking through the ring and seeing that everything was still in there, Vanoss smiled in satisfaction.

Taking out the ring that was on his finger and replacing it with the one he took from the guard, he put away his old ring.

Once he put the ring on his finger, staring at the corpse of the guard next to him, Vanoss moved back, and once again let it be engulfed by the flames.

Turning around, he moved a couple of meters away from the body and sat down.

Vanoss: *Inhale*

Taking a deep breath, Evan knew that he didn't have much time and was planning something more insane and could cost his life. Pulling out a bucket of milk, closing his eyes, Evan drank it up and the Fire Resistance effect was gone.

Burn marks started to appear all over his body, but Evan didn't care. He had to control the fire around him to not kill him immediately while trying to save as much mana as possible.

The flames around him continued to rage wildly around him for the next ten minutes or so, and just when he was about to run out of mana, the flames finally started showing signs of closing their distance from him.

???: Over here.

???: There is an injured person over here.

Before long he could hear the sound of the rescue team in the distance. Waving his hand, the air shield around him dissipated, and once it disappeared, the flames instantly enveloped his entire body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------