Chapter 156: Crawling Creatures

–10 Minutes Ago –

After Wildcat, Basically, Moo, and Stella are done with their first task, they should be searching for Vanoss soon, and Vanoss himself was certain that his friends would find him before long. However, it would be bad if these magic traps activate accidentally and burn their asses when they appear. 

In the worst of the cases, the tunnels could collapse again. Hence, Vanoss decided to defuse the nearby magic traps, CSGO style.

However, when Vanoss was about to deactivate the seventh magic circle, he stopped abruptly.

"I smell shit here. This is a sign of the enemy!" Vanoss shouted. He then grabbed his sword and P229, aiming the gun at the dark tunnels.

"Hey, I know you are there, I've been to many Scary Maps and this is no different!"

One second later, a creature appeared slowly from the darkness of the tunnels.

The creature was very ugly. Its body seemed like a lizard, however, its head was like a rat, and its body was covered in fur.

No, when Vanlss looked at it closely, it was not fur. Instead, its body was filled with countless small tendrils that squirmed softly.

Strangely, the creature did not seem to have eyes. But despite that, it seemed to be able to pinpoint Vanoss' location accurately.

"What the fuck is that? Leon, is that you?" Vanoss muttered and was surprised when he saw the creature's disgusting appearance.

But then, his expressions changed. Because in the next second, the creature rushed towards him at an untraceable speed!

"Woah!" Vanoss cried out and jumped back. 

The creature was very fast. It closed the distance between Evan in an instant. Then, it raised its claw and attacked Vanoss.

However, Vanoss's reaction was fast as well. Before the claw of the creature could reach him, he brought out his Sword from his inventory and moved it in front of him.

*Bam!*

The claw and the sword clashed, creating a loud metallic sound that resounded in the tunnel.

But then, Vanoss' expression changed.

Because he saw his sword seemed to lose its magic energy, and so the blade's pieces fell off from the sword and dropped into the ground.

"Oh shit." Vanoss murmured with a grave expression.

Yes, just now when the claw clashed with Evan's sword, it absorbed the magic in the sword, rendering it useless for a moment.

"Oh come on, not you again." Vanoss deadpanly said, he also has to be careful. It can absorb mana. Vanoss would be safe unless the thing touches him, even if it's inappropriate. 

Just a single touch for only one second, it could absorb 90% of an A-rank's mana. So Vanoss has to be very careful with it or else he will be sucked dry.

As he says that, in response, the creature kicked the ground and rushed towards him at great speed and appeared in front of Vanoss in an instant.

"Mothafuck!" Vanoss grunted. With his right hand, he wielded a normal Diamond Sword and cut towards the creature's head.

But the creature was more agile than Vanoss' expected. It twisted its body to avoid his sword. And then, it opened its mouth and bit towards him.

But at that moment, something enters its mouth, it looks down and notices it's an AK-47.

"Swallow this."

*Brrrrrrrrrrrt!!*

Pressing the trigger, Evan's Mega AK spat out thousands of rounds capable of annihilating an army of tanks right inside the creature's mouth as its getting literally deep throated by the gun's long barrel as the weapon coming inside it with metallic seeds.