Chapter 185 The Dungeon

The Great River City is very large, and it is the peak trading season of the year. There are a large number of people entering and leaving the Great River City every day. There are more or less people, and no one will pay attention.

Badan woke up in a daze, and opened his eyes to find that the surroundings were pitch-dark, and his hands and fingers could not be seen. There was damp soil and withered grass under his body, and there was a strong rotten smell in his nostrils.

where is this

He shook his head, trying to wake himself up.

He remembered that the people at the hotel told them two days ago that the free board and lodging provided by Long River City had ended, and they would need to pay if they wanted to continue living in the hotel.

The common currency in Yancheng is clam pearls and coarse salt. In Yancheng, Yihu City and the surrounding tribes, clam pearls and coarse salt are the same as the coins in Changhe City, and they can be exchanged for various things. Coarse salt is not easy to carry, but clam pearls are very small. In Yancheng, one clam pearl can usually be exchanged for a tube of coarse salt. When they traveled this time, they brought a lot of clam pearls.

They barely used these clam beads along the way. They thought that these clam beads could support them to live in Long River City for a while, at least until they found Kalamanda. Unexpectedly, in Changhe City, only the coins issued by the Changhe Tribe are recognized, and clam beads are not used at all. In the huge Changhe City, there are only one or two small shops specializing in jewelry and clothing. Seeing that the clam beads are moist and beautiful, they can be used to make necklaces and decorations, and they are willing to buy them, but the price they offer is too low. A dime, ten clam beads are only a dollar.

In Changhe City, one yuan can be exchanged for a catty of snow salt, and a catty of snow salt is about the same as a tube of coarse salt. Based on this price, the price of clam pearls has been reduced to one-tenth of the original price.

They brought out a lot of clam pearls, but at this price, they could not be exchanged for many coins.

When they were hesitating, a short orc suggested to them to form a team with them to go hunting in the Black Forest. There is a special place in the city to collect prey. The price is not low. If you are lucky, you can earn hundreds of dollars a day. money.

But the Black Forest is now the territory of Changhe City. Outsiders who are not from the Changhe Tribe, or who are not led by people from Changhe City, are not allowed to enter. Once discovered by the guards of Changhe City, the prey will be confiscated, or thrown into prison. .

Speaking of prisons, many people in Changhe City are very afraid. With the development of Changhe City, some discordant factors will emerge to some extent, and legal constraints must be accompanied by strong punishments, so the prison was born.

Generally speaking, the laws of Changhe City are relatively loose and humane. If you make a small mistake and get caught, you can usually pay a fine or do volunteer work for a period of time. For serious crimes such as leaking tribal secrets, they will be taken directly to prison.

Different crimes have different sentencing standards, serving time, and prisoners will be deprived of their resident status during their sentences. The status of criminals is lower than that of slaves, and they will be assigned to work in the dirtiest and most dangerous places by the tribe. Longer, but without any pay.

Of course, if he committed a more serious crime, he would be beheaded and killed directly.

Heavy codes are used in troubled times. Although the Changhe Tribe is not in troubled times, it is far from the standard of peaceful and prosperous times. The strict laws must not be relaxed.