Chapter 5

The boys had so many gigs that the month of November was pretty well booked up. They had a day, at most, between gigs which was really meant for traveling between cities.

            I grew comfortable around them. Liam was obviously a given. Bonehead felt like an older brother. A drunken, crazy, frat boy older brother. Guigsy was a shy stoner that got a bit too starey – but I think that was mostly due to the pot. And Tony had a cute smile and was really sweet even though Noel constantly treated him like shit.

            Noel was the only one I had trouble with...if you could even call it that. We kept our distance. Didn't say much to each other. I didn't know why he didn't like me. I wasn't there to cause trouble.

            Germany, France, and Sweden were all beautiful countries. I loved the sites, the food, even the languages although I couldn't understand them. I knew a bit of French but not enough to converse very well with.

            The tour itself was fucking insane. There were so many fans, so many drugs. I didn't participate in the drug taking. That just wasn't for me. I didn't smoke and I barely drank either. This gave Noel room to "take the piss".

            "Oi, shut the fuck up, man!" Liam barked at him when he got on a roll. "If she don't wanna fuckin' do it, she don't fuckin' have to!"

            I was honestly surprised Liam would look out for me. As much as I didn't want them to, Noel's little digs on the first night I was in France made me think. Would Liam get bored with me and find someone else? There were always girls. Tons of girls at every show getting their tits and God only knows what else out for him. They did that stuff for the others too but Liam was gorgeous.

            And he wasn't mine.

            We were just friends. Fuck buddies. We screwed and shared a bed but I couldn't help wondering if it was just a bit more than that. He always insisted I sit with him on the bus. He held my hand when we were out walking around. And even if he did get off with other girls, I was the only one who got to go back with him to the hotel room.

            And I was also the only one who went home with him for Christmas.

            The tour made me miss Thanksgiving. My parents were upset but I was an adult and I had to live my own life. Plus I knew, contrary to a certain song's lyrical content, my time with the band wasn't going to live forever.

            The band ended up back in England at the end of November and would stay there until the new year. I saw Wales and Scotland before ending up in Manchester for a bit of a holiday break.

            The boys' single, "Whatever" was released just before Christmas. They did a gig in Manchester before getting a much needed holiday break that would last a little over a week.

            "You'll stay at mine for Christmas won't you?" Liam asked at the party following the gig. "Well, me mam's really."

            "I appreciate your offer but I don't want to impose." I replied. "Thanks though."

            "Aw, c'mon Tix! I've already told Mam loads about ya. She says you have to come. Plus I told her you can't go home and-"

            "So you lied to her?"

            "Nah." He shook his head. "Ya really can't go home. You're stuck with me, remember?"

            I grinned a little at the memory.