Chapter 27

"Their brand new CD, I have a copy of it right here, is entitled 'What's the Story (Morning Glory?)'. Here they are kids. They're great. Please welcome, Oasis!"

            Scott's fucking off didn't halt the band's tour. Not that anyone truly expected it to. They regrouped. Replanned. And then we were back in New York.

            Noel kept things in order like he always did and figured out a brilliant way to replace Scott without having to add anyone new.

            "Bonehead, you'll go on bass."

            "Alright." Bonehead replied with an agreeable nod.

            And that was it.

            Emma and I got front row seats in the audience to watch the show. It was my second time being there but it was no less exciting.

            The boys might have been nervous switching roles a bit but you'd never know it. They always kept this weirdly calm demeanor when they were on national television. But I suppose Noel wouldn't have it any other way.

            "We'll not fuck this up!" That was his warning to the entire party every time before they went in front of the cameras. It usually seemed more aimed at Liam than the others but he definitely meant it. He also enforced a strict "no gear" policy until after the gigs had been completed. Again, this was aimed more at Liam...with the expectation the others would look after him as well.

            I chuckled as I watched them do their thing. Actually, I was chuckling at Liam. For whatever reason, he thought it best to wear sunglasses during the show.

            "I'm a fuckin' rock and roll star!" He said before they went on. "I'm s'posed to wear 'em all the bloody time!"

            There was no sense in arguing with him, not that I really wanted to. I just wondered how well he could actually see.

            The band performed as a four-piece with Liam singing, Alan drumming, Noel on guitar, and Bonehead on bass.

            "So what's wrong with the other guy?" Emma asked as we sat in our seats.

            "Nervous exhaustion." I replied.

            "From what?"

            "Touring I guess."

            "Oh." She said. "Did he quit the band?"

            "No." I told her. "He's supposed to come back. Just don't know when."

            Everyone had been leaving Guigsy alone to give him time to recover. He was staying in Manchester away from all the chaos surrounding the band, hiding out at his parents' house with his girlfriend.

            The band caught a super late red eye after the gig and we were on our way back across the pond. To London.

            And I was surprisingly excited to get back.

            We boarded the plane with Noel leading the way.

            "You want the window seat?" He asked when we got to our row.

            "Course she fuckin' does!" Liam spoke up. "Right next to me." He pushed Noel out of the way.

            "Oi!"

            "Go on, Tixie!" Liam grinned as he nodded at the seats. "That's our-"

            "No it fuckin' isn't!" Noel barked as he went back towards Liam. "Get the fuck out-"