Chapter 54

The bus was so quiet with everyone passed the fuck out. I don't even remember what time we went to bed. All I know is it was late. I was beyond tired. And Noel was adamant we cuddle.

            He was so warm which was a great comfort when the air cooled down at night. He kept his arms wrapped tight around me and I had no trouble falling asleep.

            Until someone woke me up.

            "Tixie!" He whispered as he shook my shoulder. "Wake up!"

            "What?" I asked groggily.

            "Come with me for a bit. I wanna show ya summat."

            I wriggled out of Noel's grasp as quietly as I could.

            He grunted a little but didn't wake up.

            "C'mon!" Liam ordered.

            He took my hand and led us off the bus to a golf cart waiting outside for us.

            "I'm not getting in that thing!" I informed while I watched him get in behind the wheel.

            "Why not?" He asked gripping the steering wheel.

            "Because you don't have your license!"

            "So? Ya don't need a license to drive one a these things!"

            "I don't care!" I exclaimed. "You have no experience driving a car so how the fuck-"

            "Just trust me, Tix. Alright?" He said. "I promise I'll be careful."

            I sighed giving in and got in on the passenger side.

            I don't know what time it was but it was still dark out. Luckily the golf cart had headlights so we could see where we were going.

            We parked somewhere and Liam turned the key off.

            "He's right y'know." He said after about a minute of silence. "This is history."

            "It is." I agreed.

            "They don't think we'll ever be able to pull somethin' off this big again. D'ya think that's true? D'ya think this is it for us?" The fear quivered in his voice.

            That was the trouble with fame I figured. It was always a competition. How long would you be the in thing before something new came along?

            "No." I assured him. "I think you guys'll live forever."

            He smiled. "I'm really glad you're here, Adds." He said grabbing my hand.

            I smiled back. "Me too."

            We stared at each other for a few seconds before a song filled my head.

            I got out of the golf cart and walked in front of it. I wasn't much of a singer but for some reason I couldn't stop myself that night.

Two young people, without a thing

Say some vows and spread their wings

And settle down with just what they need

Livin' on love

            I heard Liam get out of the golf cart and saunter his way up behind me.