Chapter 28

Supernova Heights was surprisingly quiet, with the exception of the crowd of fans screaming outside. Noel was vetoing any ideas for parties until after Earls Court was over.

"But we'll be back on the road by then!" Liam whined.

"So what?" Noel snapped. "It's my fuckin' house! Ya don't make the rules here, Our Kid. I do!"

He'd become a little distant. Not in the sense of he was hiding something. Just in the sense of he was hiding himself...literally. He'd stay upstairs in his music room for hours, playing his guitar, and shutting himself off from everyone else outside.

I was worried about him. Peggy told me how he was much deeper than Liam. That while Liam acted upon his anger with varying types of outbursts and antics, Noel kept things bottled inside him and out of everyone else's business. I'd gotten bits and pieces about their childhood but I didn't ask too many questions. Noel always seemed to tense up on the word "father" even when it was just me and Emma talking about the latest conversations we had with our own dad.

I imagined Noel was just getting himself worked up for the gigs at Earls Court. These were going to be the biggest ones yet. A lot was riding on them. And if Liam did even the smallest thing to fuck it up...

I quietly walked up the stairs and went in to where he was. It wasn't like the room was off limits or that he couldn't be arsed for company. I just thought it best to leave him to his music but knew I should check on him periodically.

"Alright." He said with a slight grin as he saw me walk through the door.

"Alright." I replied as I went over and sat down beside him.

"What? No biscuits today?"

"No biscuits left. You and the rest of them heathens came tearing through the kitchen last week and ate them all."

"And that is why I've told everyone to fuck off." He pointed with a sarcastic nod. "Well, everyone except your sister. Really can't tell her to go anywhere, especially since she's the one who helps ya bake."

"Yeah." I agreed with a smile.

He smiled back. "So what ya come to mither me for?"

"I didn't come to mither you. I came to listen to you play guitar."

"Well ya've come at the wrong time." He informed me. "I've just gone on break." He set his guitar down on its stand.

"Well when are you coming back for your encore then?" I asked.

"Don't do encores."

"Not even for me?"

He just smirked at me.

I leapt forward pushing him back on the couch. He wrapped his arms around the small of my back as I got into position.

"Loosen up, Noel." I ordered through a kiss.

"I am fuckin' loose!" He replied. "But me trousers...unzip 'em, right? Pl-"

As much as I loved to hear him say please (it wasn't too often after all), I wasn't interested in hearing it at that moment. I shut him up by crushing my lips on his while I began unbuttoning his shirt.

"I said me trousers." He managed to speak. "Not me-"

I forced my tongue down his throat and hushed him again. His buttons were all undone so I pushed the sides of his shirt apart and got to it.