Chapter 7

The holiday break ended as fast as it began. Two days after Christmas, the boys headed to Glasgow for one gig before heading back to England for two more. These concerts would be followed by a near month-long break before the band flew to America to begin the second round of US dates.

The venue in Brighton was an absolute madhouse during the gig but I suppose any venue had become that way when the audience knew Oasis was on its stage. There was so much screaming and shouting. I was surprised I didn't see any audience members crying. If I had then I would've definitely agreed the band was as big as the Beatles.

Still, the band seemed like they were on their way to matching up with the lads from Liverpool. And they fucking loved every minute of it.

After the show came the after party. Everyone was in good spirits, even Noel who'd just got done yelling at Tony for shouting back at the audience.

"It was all in good fun." Tony told me. "I don't see why the fuck he's gotta be such a dick all the time."

"Well if he doesn't act like one who will?" I asked.

It was a logical question I reckoned. I think Noel liked being a dick. It helped make it easier for him to throw his weight around as the band's leader.

The drinks were flowing and the drugs were sent up nostrils, down throats, into lungs. I didn't need any of it. I always had way more fun being sober.

The boys had introduced me to their other heroes besides the Beatles a while back. They were the Smiths, the Jam, and the Stone Roses. I'd never heard of any of them so I definitely got quite the education.

They were all huge bands from Manchester in the eighties. The boys got to meet the Stone Roses while they recorded the album in Wales. Out of the three, the Roses were the only ones I liked which made Liam quite proud.

We were all hanging out by the bar when a familiar song came blasting from the DJ booth making Liam's face light up.

"C'mon!" He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dancefloor.

"I thought you didn't dance?" I asked once we were out there.

"I don't but I'll make an exception for the Roses." He leaned over and said the next part in my ear. "But more importantly, I'll make an exception for you."

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

And then we started swaying along when the lyrics filled the air.

Down, down, you bring me down

I hear you knocking down my door

And I can't sleep at night

Your face it has no place

No room for you inside my house

I need to be alone

Don't waste your words I don't need anything from

You

I don't care where you've been or what you plan to

Do

Turn, turn, I wish you'd learn

I looked over to my left and saw Noel sitting on a bar stool glaring at me. His eyes and eyebrows were completely frozen on me. He looked like a statue. I figured the only way someone could break him from his position would be to push him off the stool and break his trance.