Chapter 132

Sleeping was about the only time Noel could be at complete peace. Maybe because he could shut the whole world out. Disappear into dreamland where nothing could harm him and everything went his way. I suppose the same could be said for anyone but with him it seemed more important. When he was awake he could be a living nightmare – the total opposite of what he was while he slept.

            It was hard not to watch him as he lay there beside me snoring softly with his nose buried just under the covers. The blankets went all the way up to his cheeks leaving his eyes and everything above them exposed.

            I reached over and began straightening his eyebrows out with my fingers. After I fixed them, I moved on to scratching the stubble on his cheeks, jaws, and chin.

            He sighed stretching himself out and tipping his head back. "What're ya doin' t'me?" He grunted not opening his eyes.

            "I think you should skip shaving today." I replied with a grin completely ignoring his question.

            "Absolutely not!" He dug the side of his face deeper into his pillows.

            "Wh-"

            "No!"

            "B-"

            "No!" He cut me off again shaking his head. "I'll look like a bleedin' werewolf!"

            "No, you w-"

            "Leave me be, Addie!" He burrowed even deeper into his pillows. "Leave me in peace!"

            "Fine!" I sighed. "But you already have sideburns-"

            "You leave me sideburns the fuck alone!" He swatted my hand away. "Ya don't mess with perfection!"

            I rolled my eyes. "Why can't you have a beard but yet you can have sideburns?"

            "'Cuz I can! Now leave us alone!" He yanked the blankets up over his face leaving his eyes and everything above them still exposed.

            I reached over and entangled my fingers in his hair.

            But he jerked away. "Addie, I'm serious! Leave me the fuck al-"

            "You already look like a wolfman, y'know." I pointed out reaching over to run my fingers through his hair again (which he didn't object to that time). "And you know how much I like it."

            He furrowed his eyebrows grunting softly as he lay still.

            I pulled my hand away and his eyes shot open. He latched onto my arm and pulled my hand back where it had been and held it there until I resumed petting him.

            "Aren't you gonna say owt?" I asked staring at him even though I knew he couldn't see me as he'd closed his eyes once more.

            "What's there to say?" He replied raising his eyebrows slightly.

            "I don't know. I just figured you'd have something to say." I pulled my hand away again.

            But he latched right on again and brought it back where he wanted it. "You're playin' games with me. And y'know how much I don't like playin' games."

            "I know you don't like losing games." I told him.

            "I don't lose nothin'!" He denied. "I always win. I'm always right. You're the one who's a sore loser!"