Chapter 42

Charlestown was everything I hoped it would be: rural and pleasant. Its inhabitants were the exact same way.

            After the gigs at the Point, we moved hotels so we could be closer to the boys' family. One of their aunts had us over for a barbeque.

            I wasn't sure what to expect at an Irish barbeque but I was definitely impressed when I got there. The food reminded me of home and was so much better than anything we had on the road. I had become quite sick of restaurant and hotel food by then but with being on tour, there was really no other option. The boys could eat anything but the way they shoveled in their Auntie Kathy's chicken and potatoes made me think they missed home cooked meals too.

            The rest of the band had gone off to visit their own families and would meet us in Germany a couple days later. I kind of liked being away from them for a bit. It felt good to have a little space.

            "Come with us for a bit." Liam said as he grabbed my hand and jerked me to follow him.

            "Wh-" I stopped myself when I nearly lost my footing.

            He took us around the side of the house away from everyone in the backyard. He pulled out a lighter and cigarette from his pocket and sparked up as he leaned back against the brick wall.

            "Why ya ignorin' me, eh?" He asked after he blew out his first cloud of smoke. "Ya tryin' to forget about the other night or summat?"

            I shrugged. "There's really nothing to remember." I replied.

            "You what?"

            I rolled my eyes. "I gave you a frickin' blowjob. I'm sure you've had so many groupies givin' ya those you lost count."

            He scrunched his eyebrows at me trying to understand what I was playing at.

            I rolled my eyes again. "The ginger chick come out your room after the second gig at the Point." I reminded him. "Don't think I didn't see her."

            He shook his head. "She didn't mean nothin', Tix." He assured me. "Just some-"

            "Tell that to Patsy."

            "Why the fuck're ya bein' like this? You wouldn't have given me one if ya didn't fuckin' want to!"

            I sighed. "Liam-"

            "It hurts, Addie!" He exclaimed. "Don't you realize how cruel you can be? I already lost ya to our Noel and then ya come back and fuck with my heart-"

            "Oh please!" I snapped waving my hands at him. "That's such crap and you know it!"

            He tutted and shook his head even more. "You just don't get it."

            "No. I don't. I don't understand how you can have a fucking girlfriend yet run around and fuck other people."

            He raised his eyebrows in an "Oh really?" kind of way. "I don't understand how ya can say ya belong to Our Kid yet fuckin' run around on him! Did ya tell him you sucked me off then?"

            "Fuck you!" I barked.

            "Already did, love." He grinned.

            I tutted and crossed my arms as I looked off to my left.