Chapter 131

The bell on Rupert's collar jingled with every slight movement of his head. A soft chime that paired lovely with the sound of him chomping the grass down as he made his way across the yard.

            Noel and I both sat quietly watching him. He made the most of the limited space he had tuning out all the hustle and bustle of London surrounding him and us.

            "Hello!" A familiar voice greeted us making me gasp.

            "Alright!" Noel replied nodding at him.

            I waved at him as well although I stayed much quieter than Noel.

            Noel turned back to Rupert. "Ee-arr! Rupe!" He whistled at him. "C'mon now! There's a car waitin'!" He stood up and stepped towards him.

            "No!" I cried latching onto him and holding him back. "He's keeping the yard mowed!"

            "We can have someone else do it! Rupert's on his way to greener pastures."

            "No, he isn't! He's on his way to-"

            "C'mon, Adds! It's not like we're sellin' him!" He pointed out. "We're just sendin' him down to Bucks-"

            "But we're not going to Bucks." I interrupted him. "We're going far away from-"

            "Stop it, Adds! I've had enough!"

            "So, have I!"

            He sighed. "It's only temporary. Just 'til we get back from France."

            "And when's that gonna be?" I inquired.

            "Dunno. As soon as we get the part of the album done we wanna record there."

            "Why can't you just record the whole album down in Bucks? You've got that new recording studio-"

            "And we're gonna record it there." He revealed. "Just not the whole thing."

            I rolled my eyes. "I don't understand why you gotta record it in half a dozen places. Why can't it just be done in one of 'em? Why's it g-"

            "There's a lotta things ya don't understand, Addie. And even if I tried to explain 'em to ya, you wouldn't listen to me anyway. C'mon, Rupe!" He grabbed a hold of his collar and tugged him to follow him.

            Rupert listened of course. He always did and didn't even need to be led by his collar anymore. Noel eventually let go still leading the way while I brought up the rear.

            Simon opened the back passenger door of the car and with a bit of help, Rupert hopped right in. Like he wanted to go. Like he wanted to leave.

            I sniffed at my tears as I stared at him through the partially rolled down window. I reached through to pet him and he lifted his head so I could do it. "Bye, Rupey." I murmured.

            "Alright, Adds. He's gotta go." Noel informed me pulling me back.

            I sniffled a bit louder than before as he held onto my shoulders.

            Simon stepped over with that gentle smile spread across his face. "He'll be fine, Mrs. Gallagher. Don't worry. Go enjoy yourself in France."

            I didn't respond and just focused my gaze on Rupert.

            "Cheers, Simon." Noel piped up. "We'll ring ya as soon as we land."