Chapter 6

Peggy had a full English breakfast on the table waiting for us when we all came downstairs later that morning. A "fry-up" they called it. Essentially the same as an American breakfast but with fried tomatoes and baked beans added to it.

            Liam and I sat together on one side of the table while Noel was across from us. Peggy and Paul sat at each end. Liam said something funny that made everyone laugh...everyone except Noel that is.

            He just sat there glaring over at us – at me, specifically.

            And it didn't take long for Liam to notice.

            "Oi! What the fuck are you lookin' at?" He yelled. "Starey cunt!"

            "Nothin'." Noel replied flatly as he shook his head.

            "Fuck you, ya dickhead!" Liam barked as he threw his spoon at his brother.

            "Liam!" Peggy spoke up. "That's enough!"

            "You're fuckin' right it's enough!" Noel said. "Fuck this!" He got up from the table and walked out of the dining room, towards the front entryway, slamming the door on his way outside.

            "Fuckin' prick!" Liam muttered.

            "I'll go talk to him." I said as I got up from my chair. "It's my fault."

            "The fuck d'ya mean it's your fault? He's the one that's bein' a dickhead! Let him go! He'll get over himself eventually."

            But I couldn't wait that long.

            "Addie!" Liam called after me. "Fuck's sake! Addie!" He didn't come after me and I was okay with that.

            I found Noel sitting on the front step smoking a cigarette.

            "What the fuckin' hell do you want?" He asked glancing up at me for a second before turning back to his cigarette.

            "To say sorry for pissing you off." I replied as I sat down beside him.

            "Right."

            I watched as he took another drag off his cigarette. "Why can't we get along?" I asked. "I mean, if I'm gonna be around for a while-"

            "Wait. What?!" He exclaimed.

            I nodded. "Liam says I'm stuck with him. Says I have to go with you guys on tour. Guess that means I'm stuck with you too."

            "The fuck ya are! You're goin' back to America where ya fuckin' belong."

            "Says who?" I asked.

            "Me!" He pointed at himself. "This is my fuckin' band, my tour, and you're not gonna be a fuckin' part of it."

            "That's not what Liam says."

            "Liam doesn't have a fuckin' say in the matter! He just stands up front and sings the songs. That's it. Same goes for the rest a them lot."

            "What?" I said. "Stand up front and sing songs?"

            "N-, no!" He stuttered. "What the fuckin' hell are ya playin' at? Why the fuck-"

            "Noel! Calm down! Do you want another massage or something? Make you feel better? Undo all those fucking knots?"

            "Shut up!" He muttered.