Chapter 116

Noel and I decided to stay in Ohio rather than fly back to England after we left Sandusky. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, there was no sense in going home just to turn around and come straight back. Neither one of us was going to miss the holiday that year.

            Instead of staying in Lakewood, we rented a car and drove down to my parents' house to flop. I wasn't arsed to stay in the city and my childhood home was the complete opposite of that.

            On November third, Oasis released The Masterplan which was a compilation album of their top B-sides from all three of their albums. Noel said it was being released in honor of my birthday despite it coming out three days prior to the actual date. To make up for that, he allowed me to help him select the songs that would be on it (and pointed out the album was done so the Americans and other foreign fans had easier access to purchasing B-sides than they already did).

            I wanted "Cloudburst" to be included but Noel wouldn't have it. Instead, he put "(It's Good) To Be Free" since he knew that was my all-time favorite one.

            "Acoustically." I told him.

            "You what?" He replied scrunching his eyebrows puzzled.

            "I prefer the acoustic version."

            "You mean my version?"

            I smiled. "Yep."

            He smirked back shyly.

            Time flew by as fast as I expected it to and before I knew it, there was only about a week left before Thanksgiving. The holiday season brought a lot of things to plan and prepare...as well as a few sights to see.

            "Noel." I murmured scraping my nails along deep in his beard. "Noel."

            "I hope ya realize that what you're doin' now is havin' the exact opposite effect on me for what you want me to do." He replied keeping his eyes closed as he lay his head back further on his pillows.

            "I-"

            "Use both your hands, Adds." He grabbed my free hand and pulled it up with the other one so I could scratch him properly on both sides of his face. He sighed contentedly stretching out to get comfortable.

            "We need to get up now, Noel." I told him not removing my fingers.

            "No, we don't!" He returned shaking his head. "We need to stay in this bed...and you need to keep doin' this." He tipped his head back even more.

            I spread my fingers apart and drug them back together through his fur.

            He grunted in delight. "This is brilliant! Fuckin' brilliant! Better than sex!"

            I rolled my eyes. "I find that hard to believe."

            "Well, ya better believe it 'cuz it's...okay maybe it's not better than sex but it's just as fuckin' good." He turned his head his head a bit to forcing me to focus on the right side of his face.

            "We need to get up." I informed him.

            "No we don't!" He argued.

            "Yes we do!"

            "No we don't and we never fuckin' will!"

            I sighed. "We're gonna miss the football game!"