Chapter 99

The holidays went by way too fast and before I knew it, Noel shaved his beard off and the band was back on the road.

            In America this time. For a month.

            There'd be no stops in Ohio this time which everyone knew long before the tour even kicked off. They started on the East Coast slowly working their way across the country.

            Pittsburgh was one of the first cities and I was glad to be back there. It was favorite city after Cleveland and the rivalry aside, it was a cool place to be.

            We arrived at the venue and everyone set about preparing for the gig. Noel disappeared to the dressing room and I figured it was so he could sort out the setlist.

            'Better go check on him.' I thought to myself as I headed down the hall.

            I found him where I expected he'd be...knelt over the coffee table. "Don't you think you should take it easy on that?" I asked as he inhaled his first line.

            He snorted and sniffled pinching his nose. "I don't need a fuckin' lecture from you, Addie!" He snapped.

            "I'm not lecturing you." I shook my head. "But-"

            "Do you think you're a fuckin' saint or summat?!" He leapt up and charged towards me. "All them times ya've taken drugs-"

            "Not nearly as many times as-"

            "Oh. Right!" He agreed nodding sarcastically. "It were only a handful and ya blacked out anyway so...ya can't remember fuckin' Our Kid!"

            I sighed. "Noel-"

            "Ya said ya can't! Ya fuckin' blacked out and-"

            "I didn't black out." I defended firmly.

            His eyes widened in disbelief. "But you said...you told him ya couldn't...we told him you couldn't-"

            "What's it matter? It's over between me and him, Noel, you know that."

            "You..." He trailed off glancing away for a second. He looked back up at me. "I've seen your cum face. I know what it looks like. And he, he made you..."

            "It's over, Noel." I reaffirmed it.

            "Swear it!" He ordered.

            I nodded. "Okay. I swear it's over betw-"

            "No, no, no!" He shook his head. "You've gotta swear on summat."

            "Like what?" I asked curiously.

            He stared at me with those calm yet firm blue eyes. "Our marriage."

            My heart skipped a beat but I tried not to let it show. "Alright." I nodded again. "I swear on our marriage that it's over between me and Liam."

            The gig carried on like all the others before it. The setlist was basically the same with Noel adding a new cover into his acoustic mix.

            I stayed on his side of the stage where I was expected to be. Alone like usual as Emma and Paul kept their distance (with one of them seeming to be forced into doing so).

            But it didn't bother me too much as I kept my focus on Noel. He was in his element strumming out his chords and jamming along quietly while his brother made most of the noise...until something in the audience caught his eye.