Chapter 128

"Give me your bag please, Mrs. Gallagher." Simon instructed reaching out to take it from me.

            But I clutched it tighter over my shoulder. "That's okay. I can carry it." I told him.

            He flattened his lips clearly not amused with me. "Come along, Mrs. Gallagher. We've no time to waste." He ushered me on.

            But I stayed put where I was. "Is Noel waiting in the car?"

            "No, he isn't." He shook his head. "Come along, Mrs. Gallagher."

            "But-"

            "Come along, Mrs. Gallagher! We've no time to waste."

            I gave up then and followed him out of the train station and straight to the car. He opened the trunk for me to put my bag inside it then helped me into the backseat.

            I gazed blankly out the window at the crowded street surrounding us. Brown slush lined the asphalt in patches along the way – a clear sign winter was still trying to hang on for as long as it could.

            "How'd Noel figure out where I was?" I asked looking up at the back of Simon's head.

            "He has his ways, Mrs. Gallagher." Simon replied not taking his eyes off the road. "Plus it's not like you've been very secretive about what you've been up to."

            I rolled my eyes but didn't respond. It wasn't like Simon to be so snarky but I suppose after everything I'd done I deserved the sarcasm.

            Eventually, we reached our destination and found a crowd of fans waiting for us when we got there. Of course, they weren't waiting for us though. They were waiting for the person who owned the place.

            They lunged at me with cameras flashing and questions brewing about where Noel was, what he was doing, and when the new album was coming out. Simon held them back while he hurried me to the front door.

            My heart stopped for a second when I realized I didn't have my key. Simon didn't have one either but it didn't matter anyway.

            I gasped when the door swung open and someone stood glaring at me through the open space.

            "You fucking bitch!" She growled latching onto the collar of my hoodie.

            "Jesus!" I exclaimed nearly losing my balance as she yanked me inside the house.

            Simon dropped my bag on the floor in the entryway. "Does Mr. Gallagher need anything else from me?" He inquired.

            "No, thanks. I think he's good." Paul told him.

            "Is Noel here?" I asked curiously.

            "Shut the hell up!" Emma snapped.

            "Emma, that's enough!" Paul shouted at her. He turned back to Simon. "Everything's good, mate. As good as it can be I suppose. Cheers."

            Simon nodded at him before glancing quickly at me and Emma, then headed back out the door.

            I looked at both Emma and Paul feeling my eyes begin to water. "Where's Noel?"

            "Why the fuck do you care?" Emma asked. "You're the one who left him!"

            Paul tutted. "Emma-"