Chapter 10

Shortly after our arrival in the US, we were informed we'd have to go back to the UK for a night. The boys were up for a couple BRIT Awards and were expected to come to the ceremony.

"D'ya reckon that means we've actually won summat?" Tony asked me.

"Of course it fuckin' does!" Noel barked. "Why the fuck would they bother bringin' us back, interruptin' the tour for nothin'? Stupid fuckin' idiot."

I rolled my eyes.

"I was actually thinkin' the same thing." Tony whispered to me. "It'd be well pointless a them to send us back for no reason. Who's the dumb one now?"

We both chuckled and surprisingly Noel paid us no mind.

"Least we get our own rooms this time." Liam said as we got dressed for the ceremony in our hotel room.

"Thought you said you don't mind sharing?" I asked I folded the collar of his shirt down.

"I don't but it'll be nice for us to have some privacy beyond just pullin' a fuckin' curtain. Even if it is just for one night."

I looked at him as I finished with his shirt.

He smirked. "After we win and that, we'll order champagne in, yeah? Have a bath together to celebrate."

"Right." I agreed. "Let's see if you actually win something first."

"There's no if." He shook his head. "We're gonna win it all. Every fuckin' thing we're up for."

I chuckled a little at his sureness. "Okay."

We met the others in the lobby with their dates. Bonehead had Kate, his girlfriend since no one could even remember, they'd been together so long. Guigsy had some stewardess he'd hit it off with when the band was in Japan. Tony also had a flight attendant he'd met a while back. And Noel had some blonde chick.

"Hi." She said with a smile. "I'm Meg."

She was one of those girls who looked perfect without much make-up. She had big boobs and straight teeth and probably as much self-confidence as that Paula Yates did. Apparently she and Noel had met a while back when he was dating her roommate.

All that aside, she seemed nice and we hit it off. I talked to her more than I talked to the other girls that night. Noel seemed to be in better spirits while having her on his arm. Maybe befriending her would help me get on his good side. I could only hope.

Liam was right about the band winning although they didn't go home with as many awards as he figured. They got Best Newcomer which was a pretty good start I thought. They'd already accomplished so much anyway and their future looked very bright.

The after party was like all the others had been: full of drink and drugs. It didn't take long for the boys to get started...with all their girls following suit.

"You don't like to have a good time?" Meg asked me.

"No. It's not that." I replied. "I just don't need a good time to have a good time." The idea of burning a hole through my septum just wasn't my bag.

"Fuckin' borin', she is." Noel chimed in as he wrapped his arm around Meg. "Definitely not one of us."

I nodded slightly not knowing what to say. He got away with his remark and he knew it – Liam was too preoccupied to pay attention.