Chapter 57

"We'll leave Simon and the Rolls for ya." Noel offered as he headed for the stairs. "Just like the last time."

            "Oh! There's no reason for ya to go to all that fuss over me!" Peggy said waving her hands at him.

            "How else are ya gonna get around London then?! I'll not have ya takin' the bloody tube!"

            She rolled her eyes. "Such a worry wart, him!" She said.

            I smirked a little in agreement.

            "Addie?!" Noel yelled from upstairs. "Where's me trainers?!"

            I furrowed my eyebrows in thought. "Which ones?" I asked curiously.

            "My favorite ones!"

            I rolled my eyes. "Everyone is your favorite ones!" I muttered.

            Peggy giggled. "Go help him, dear." She suggested. "He'll never make it to America on time if ya don't."

            I took off upstairs and found him in the bedroom packing his suitcase.

            "I've no shoes to wear!" He informed me as he threw some shirts into his case. "The fuck am I gonna do? Go barefoot on the fuckin' stage?"

            "Could." I replied with a shrug. "It worked for Ronnie Van Zant. I'm sure it could work for you."

            He looked at me puzzled. "Who the fuck is Ronnie Van Zant?"

            "Lead singer from Lynyrd Skynyrd and a rock and roll legend gone way too soon."

            "Nah. That's John Lennon!" He shook his head.

            I rolled my eyes. "Lynyrd Skynyrd's just as important as he is." I defended.

            He tutted. "Whatever." He said while he folded another shirt to put in his suitcase. "Have you got your bags packed yet?"

            The band headed to America the following day and Noel was as anxious as ever. The few days after the MTV Unplugged gig had been quite busy with him wanting to sort various things out before it was time to leave.

            "Not yet." I replied softly.

            He threw the shirt in his bag and went to his dresser. "By the way, you can tell your Emma that if any of us lot breaks a leg or summat, it's gonna be on her fuckin' head!" He instructed as he pulled out a few pairs of socks boxers from the top drawer.

            "Oh yeah 'cuz she'll definitely believe that!" I returned. "You're not gonna guilt trip her into going, Noel. Once my sister makes up her mind on something, she ain't gonna freakin' change it."

            He tutted. "Well, she oughta leave our Paul's mind alone then. He's a grown man who can sort things out for himself. Don't need his missus tellin' him what to do!"

            After the fiasco at the Royal Albert Hall, Emma demanded a vacation while the band went to the States. She warned Marcus if he didn't give her what she wanted, she couldn't guarantee she'd be nice to Liam.

            Not one to rock the boat, Marcus catered to her wishes. She and Paul had no plans to go anywhere and were happy to entertain Peggy for a bit.

            No one had heard from Liam since the gig in South Kensington. He disappeared with Patsy after it ended without so much as a simple goodbye. His signature way of leaving but it was even more noticeable when Patsy was around. He always acted so different when he had her up his ass. He'd ignore her one minute then be all over her the next. And she was always there waiting for the time change.