Chapter 47

"I think we should have a birthday party for Noel." I told Emma when he and Paul were out and we finally had the house to ourselves. "What you reckon?"

            "Okay." She replied. "We've only got about a month to plan things though. Any ideas?"

            "I think a surprise party would be fun."

            "Yeah for everyone except Noel. He'll probably bitch if we-"

            "He'll be alright." I cut her off. "One surprise party isn't gonna kill him."

            "I sure hope not." She said. "So where do we start?"

            I'd been thinking about throwing a party for him for a while by then. And with the break from touring until August, I thought his birthday would be a good way to start it off.

            "Who ya gonna invite?" Emma asked as we sat across from each other at the dining room table.

            "I've already made a list." I informed her holding up a piece of paper.

            She held up one that looked almost identical. "Me too."

            I smirked at her.

            She furrowed her eyebrows a little. "If I'm gonna be in charge of feeding people, it's only fair I get a say in who gets to come." She said.

            "Okay." I nodded. "Who you think?"

            "Marcus Russell."

            I nodded again. "Okay." I looked at my paper. "Paul Weller."

            "Richard Ashcroft."

            "Alan McGee."

            "Owen Morris. Mark Coyle."

            "Guigsy, Alan, and Bonehead."

            "Guigsy, Alan, and Bonehead's women."

            "Kate Moss."

            "Only if Johnny Depp comes too."

            "Alan McGee's recommendations."

            "Holy crap! This is a lot of people."

            There were others, of course. So many others. Couldn't forget Maggie or the main guys from the road crew.

            Then we got to a few certain people.

            "What about Peggy?" Emma asked curiously. "Do you think she'll come?"

            "Doubt it." I replied shaking my head. "She'll appreciate the invite but I doubt she'll come. I think a Sunday roast afterwards with her would be good though."

            "Yeah. True. What about Liam and Patsy?"

            I thought for just a second. "Invite 'em." I sighed. "It's not like we can't."

            "Adds?" Noel called from the kitchen. "What the fuck's with all this cheese?"

            "Don't touch it!" I warned shooing him away from the fridge.

            He backed out of the way holding his hands out like he needed to catch his balance. "I wasn't gonna!" He shook his head. "But I will eventually though. Ya can't just let it sit in there and go to waste."